Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gardengnome, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

As a kid I saw a booth about these at a local RC event my pop took me too many many many.. *cough* way to many moons ago. Amazingly enough my dad was able to convince a 10year old that he couldn't afford it. Well here I am and I bumped into again..

First it seems I have found 2 or so groups out there that may be local to me.. Great Lakes Attack Squadron (seems to be a MWC chapter) and Detroit Battle Group. I live in the metro Detroit ish area. If I am going to jump into the water I want to know if these clubs are still active and such. One seems to be a big gun group isn't that the 1/96th scale?

I have some limited RC Plane and Buggy experience (once again many years ago). So there any threads for the begginer can't seem to find any now.

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

DBG isn't active. GLAS should be alive and well.

3. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Welcome back! Any way, all the advice you could need is here. There is battlestations, the big gun 1/96th but it isnt very big, but on the rise. GLAS, is fast gun 1/144, and should suit you well if you arent sure of what to do. Best of luck Garden gnome.