Hello from Nevada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheDragonmaw, Jun 17, 2008.

1. TheDragonmaw

TheDragonmaw New Member

Hey everyone!

Thought I would drop a line to say HI, My name is Ben and I live in Sparks Nevada, next door to Reno. and I have been hijacked by RenoDenoma aka Brandon into the RC combat ship hobby.

I started a 1:144th scale HMS Hood, she was worked on all winter and spring and got her sea legs on the 8th of June. This is my first ship. And besides that I have not gotten her guns working yet, she did very will at the lake.

I hope to finish a USS Des Moines that Brandon has left me to tinker with, has will has a boat our other friend is working on, The Japanese Battle ship the Musashi.

-Ben

2. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Hey welcome Ben. I'm sure you will find all sorts of great information here. By the way, I started a Yamato also. I still run my USS Alabama.

3. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Sounds like good things going on in Nevada! Welcome!

Mike

4. TheDragonmaw

TheDragonmaw New Member

Thanks guys! good to hear that someone else out there is working on the Yamato/Musashi..... man its like building a canoe!!

5. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Wait till you have to lift it from the water. ;(

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Yep when Marc finished his, we weighed it, and it was just a tad over weight. It weighed 63 pounds due to using 2, 38 amp batteries. We got it down to 57, but what a pain in the back. He has dry docked it now in favor of his 12 pound Mogami.

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.
    It will be good to see a Hood out there. I ran one years ago, and might be building another one in the near future. It is one of my favotire ships.
    Mikey

8. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

WELCOME!