Hello from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Remus, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Remus

Remus New Member

Hi everyone
    I just joined the site today, I'm very interested in getting a ship as a hobby, unfortunately I don't know of anyone around here that has one......yet. Hoping to get my brother interested too!
    I figured I'd just introduce myself to all you guys

2. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

Welcome to the fun! Hope you can get something going in New Zealand. I think you'll find lots of suggestions and tips here on how to start a new club.

3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

IIRC, there were some guys in New Zealand who got started on the 1/96 scale Battlestations rules. They completed a destroyer and an armed transport, with a couple more destroyers on the way, fought one battle, then disappeared. I don't know what happened. It may be possible to still find their website off the old Battlestations website.

4. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Hello and welcome. The site Gascan was talking about is this one:
    http://www.battlestations.org/clubs/nzbg/
    Good luck.

5. Mark

Mark Active Member

If you go to the model warships site Art, who was one of the guys in the NBG is still there and has his boats still, if you want I could send him an e-mail on your behalf

6. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

The site Boomer Boy posted has a link about a 1/144 club as well.

7. kevmorau

kevmorau Member

Hello ,
    If you want to have a look at Big Gun Warship Combat , and can get the June Queens Birthday weekend off ( I assume that the holiday is the same time in NZ as OZ) and you and/or your brother can hop a cheap flight to Sydney, there is a national meeting on in Sydney that weekend. I'm sure we can rustle up a drive of both a warship and a merchant for you both to get a better idea of the sport. We may even be able to assist with a place to stay.Please let me know if you are interested.
    Regards,
    Kevan Morgan
    Sydney Battle squadron - AUSBG - www.ausbg.org to check us out.

8. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

The sights and sounds of Sydney, or crazy guys who shoot up toy boats... There's no contest :p