Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mikew, Jan 19, 2009.

1. mikew

mikew New Member

Greetings all!
    I have been lurking around the forums here for a while and finally decided to introduce myself.
    I already want to thank all of you for the wealth of information I have found here and the great friendly, welcoming community here.
    Baltimore class heavy cruiser ship builder here. Actually two CA's on the ways, mine & my son's
    Also have made a short video that I will post as soon as I figure out the new site navigation.
    This hobby ROCKS! Well done gentlemen.
    Mike

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

it is great to have new folks!

3. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

great to have you aboard. what ruleset are you following? I like the look of Baltimores, but could resist the axis temptations, thus my graf spee on the way.

4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Hi Mike from WI. I'm Bob from MN. If you're in the WI you'll do your battling with the Port Polar Bear group. We battle once a month localy and get 10-15 ships on the water each battle. We already have 2 guys with Baltimores so if you'd like any advice, we been down that road. We are having a gun building day(s) this weekend. Saturday & Sunday at A garage in Brooklyn Park, MN. Let me know if you want to drive over and check out some ships and see how we build th guns. Check out portpolarbear.com there are lots of photos & building articles.

5. moose421

moose421 Member

Hi Mike,
    I to am from Wisconsin. If you would like to goto the gun building with Bob, just tell me. I live in Wisconsin Rapids and might be able to pick you up. As for the guys and ladies at Port Polar Bear, they are a very helpful group. I am just getting back into the hobby. They always answered my question, no mater how stupid. Heck Bob even let me sail, fight and sink his Bike a couple of times.
    My address is moose421@wctc.net and I plan on being over there around 11am on Saturday the 24th.
    Kim

6. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

HI Mike
    Good to hear more people joining in! Wow the Balitmores are getting popular! I have built a few, check out pics of my 2 Oregon City cruisers.
    Buddy

7. mikew

mikew New Member

My little video is up at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZerJzUQxy4

Hope you like.

8. rowboat captain

rowboat captain Member

Hi mike form Wi

what part of Wi are you in.

I am in la crosse and battle with the port polor bear group . With the new web site up date i am now side mounts was rowboat captain. let me know what I can do to help you out.

steve