hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by usmc0331, Apr 17, 2012.

1. usmc0331

usmc0331 Member

Hello all. I've always been into RC since i was a kid (about 20 years) but ive never had ships its always been cars trucks and helicopters mostly. Ive read of this stuff in rc magazines before and have always been interested and recently decided to get into it. Im looking at a south dakota class hull but not sure where to buy one. Any help on this or anything else you peeps could give would be appreciated. Anyways, thats my introduction of myself and ill be picking your brains for knowledge in the coming months im sure. =) thanks =)

2. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Greetings Marine Machine Gunner :D,
    Welcome aboard !!! Before purchasing a hull, I would recommend finding a group in your area. That will give you a local support group with a wealth of knowledge to help with your first build. Where are you from?

3. gunsnrosesx

gunsnrosesx Member

4. usmc0331

usmc0331 Member

semperfi, im from tulsa ok...is there a website that these groups would register at?

5. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Patrick hasn't been active in a while so I am not sure if he is still able to assist anyone. Oklahoma is in Region4 of the MWCI and I dont know of anyone in Oklahoma right now but its a short drive to our events in Texas. Region 4 has an event in Boutte, La (New Orleans), and we try to have several events a year in Houston or Dallas. We are a fast-gun group so the action is fast and furious and lots of fun. Send me a private message if you want to know more.

Johnny

7. Calidus

Calidus Member

I am from Tulsa, Ok but live in So Cal now. I dont know of any active groups in the Tulsa area, but I do have a few friends that have been interested in the hobby if a group were to get started.

8. usmc0331

usmc0331 Member

well id be interested in starting a group but i have no clue how i would go about it...and im sure id have to register with someone somewhere...do you have any ideas about this? how many friends do you have that would be interested?

9. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    The MWCI is a national organization that governs rules, battles, safety, and insurance for fast gun style model warship combat in 1/144 scale. Johnny (jadfer) is a member of hte MWCI, which I serve on the Board of Directors on. We are a non profict 501C.3 corporation. Membership information can be found online (www.mwci.org) as well as our full construction, battling, and safety rules.

As far as members near you, Texas is one of the hotspots in our hobby with a TON of experienced and active battlers in Dallas, Houston, and Gulf Coast area. I'll send you a PM with some contact information. In the mean time, feel free to browse some of the other chapters websites from around the country. LA area: www.scrapcombatships.com Northern NV/CA area: www.nevadacombatships.com MN: www.portpolarbear.com

Lots of excellent photos and information. Check out our channel on youtube for T O N S of film. Search for modelwarshipcombat!

Hope that's helpful

10. usmc0331

usmc0331 Member

thanks so much for all the help =)

11. Calidus

Calidus Member

I dont know much about setting up a club, but I will check with some of my friends out that way and see if they are still interested.