Help for a newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jdhorst, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jdhorst

jdhorst New Member

Need help building my USS Brooklyn Cruiser. Are there groups of folks who meet periodically that could provide guidance ? Located in Central Jersey:crying:

2. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

As a newbie, do you know about the two primary organizations in the hobby? It looks like both the International Radio Controlled Warship Combat Club (IR/CWCC at http://www.ircwcc.com/) and Model Warship Combat (MWC at http://www.mwci.org/) have clubs in your area. Since I live in California, I have no idea how active they are. Here's where I found their information. I suggest you try emailing them and see what you can learn about their battles or build sessions:

Garden State Shipyard (IR/CWCC)
    http://gardenstateshipyard.tripod.com/

MWC contacts in New Jersey
    http://www.mwci.org/contacts.shtml?NJ

3. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Hey Jack,
    Im in north jersey (along I-80), a fwe of us meet up at rarena's place in NY about once a month, its about a 90 min drive for me we can get you directions if you want, the next meet is april 11th, we plan on doing some battling and building after that as needed. If that doesnt work for you maybe we can meet up sometime and I can help you out.

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Moved to introductions, North Atlantic Battle Squadron is a canadian group... and pretty far from Jersey. ;)

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Hi Jack,
    Welcome aboard.
    We have a club in Esopus, NY (below Woodstock) and are active. I have a few members in Northern NJ and we are planning a build/ battle on April 11th. You are more than welcome to attend and if you like I can get you some sea time with a ship. We have a member who just went through the whole Brooklyn build thing and will be familiar with any questions you may have. Our local site is in the link in my sig. Check it out, ask any questions you may have.
    Rob A.

6. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Yup, and you can see my not yet completed ship and many completed ships. Its great fun.
    Rob any idea on the boat situation for me yet?
    Thanks.

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

The boat is good to go but you may have to share it. I would like to get your dad out for a battle and I may have a new guy who wants to check things out. Also in payment you have patch detail so be ready for it...:cool:

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

No problem, ill probably want to get some work on the Spee done, so ill do my sortie then run in and do some stuff.
    Which boat am i going to be patching? As long as it isnt a Yammie or an Iowa i think ill survive. haha.

9. Rostron

Rostron New Member

Is anybody in here from Southern California, such as Riverside County? I would love to come to a meeting and see what this hobby is all about. I have no ship (unfortunately) but I'm saving up for the supplies, and in the meantime, try my undeveloped skills on a small merchant vessel in a convoy or something of that sort. And I would REALLY like some feedback on where I should (1 Get my supplies (2 How to build a basic ship like a tanker, and (3 Get advice.

10. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

11. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

Rostron, you should probably create your own thread to introduce yourself, but Evil Joker is right. Southern California Region Attack Patrol (SCRAP) is a Model Warship Combat (MWC) chapter in the LA area. The group usually holds a battle at Prado Lake in Chino the first Saturday of the month. This is a good time to meet some members and see ships in action. Afterward, several people also go to the house of a member in Pasadena for a build session to build or repair their ships. You can contact the webmaster at the site Evil Joker gave to get on the email list and find out about upcoming events. The next battle/build session is scheduled for June 6.

12. Rostron

Rostron New Member

Thanks alot, guys. But first I have to convince my parents to let me come. I'll see if I can check it out.