Hi from Florida

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dissociation, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dissociation

Dissociation New Member

Hi there, my name is Braydon and im new to this whole hobby, ive been looking for something to get in to and enjoy as a hobby. Im not sure of my rule set or frankly what sort of ship I would like to build or buy, but my first step is to locate anyone who is into this in South Florida I live around Coral Springs. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Welcome Aboard Braydon,
    I would recommend looking at the IRCWCC. The Eleventh Naval Combat Fleet is in Florida. There is a Captain's page and you may want to e-mail one of them. Good luck.
    Ken

3. Dissociation

Dissociation New Member

Thank you for the information, ill look into that right away.

4. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

Not a problem Braydon, good luck. I look forward to seeing th progress of your first build once you get established with your local group.

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Don, Dave, Rick, Jeff and Frank are all in Florida. See the below for contact info:
    http://www.modelwarshipcombat.com/contacts.shtml?FL

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Welcome to the forums and the hobby Braydon! I'm a little north of you, near Savannah, GA. But the Florida guys battle with us (and vice versa!) all the time. I'm not sure if the IRCWCC guys in Florida are still active; that said, we've had IRCWCC guys from as far away as Maryland come battle with us, and some of us have gone north to battle with them! The rules sets are very close. If you can make it to a battle, we have loaner boats to drive while you work on your own!

7. frank falango

frank falango Member

Braydon my name is frank I live in sebring been in this hobby since 1994 my # is 863 385 0520.