Hi! Greetings from İstanbul-Turkey(eropean side)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cozger, Dec 25, 2009.

1. cozger

cozger New Member

Hi everybody!
    I am can(spelling exactly like john)
    I was thinking that something like this is even possible so i made a google search.
    Then i found this site and the other communitys. I was very amazed by your gorgeus battle ships. So i decided to join this lovely hoby.
    Me and some of my buddies decided to make or buy our own vessels to battle eachother and i think this will be a very popular hoby soon.
    First of all i have some knowledge about rc things i have a helicopter and we made a boat(a huge one not scaled, bad looking but fast) but i never done something like that execpt marvells models.
    So how can i start to build my own boat. I would preffer a roteting cannon but if it needs experience i have no rush.

Thanks cozger

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Funny; I was worried when I saw your registration.. usually people from your neck of the woods is a hacker trying to cause me more work!

Welcome to the hobby!

3. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

To build your own boat: first decide what scale the ship will be (most of ours are 1/144th scale) and what format of battle you like: (Big Gun, fast gun, etc.). You can buy hulls for many ships from the USA or Australia. Or just use plans: Blow up the rib sectioins to the proper size mount on a building board and build up the ship. There are many "how toes" on the sites of associated clubs.

Good Luck!

Marty Hayes

4. cozger

cozger New Member

Could you give some sites for how toes

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

portpolarbear.com
    check out the article page and the photo page.

6. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

weelcome a board ! Hope all the best to you!
    Buddy

7. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

There are some on the IRC site at www.ircwcc.org and on the MWC site as well.

8. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

The MWC site is www.mwci.org

9. cozger

cozger New Member

Hello again

I search thorught lots of sites and i decided that des moines can be my choice of ship.
    But i have some questions first:
    Does all 3 guns are rotateable AND elevetable?
    Is there ar a better ship to start?(I really liked des moines actually)
    Can i buy a builded ship or i have make it up from scrach?

Thanks

EDIT: I just found out that andrea doria is suitable too. Now i have to choose one

10. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Well cozger, it depends on whether you're building for Fast Gun, or for Big Gun format. MWCI and IRCWCC are both Fast Gun groups. A good example of a Big Gun group is my local club, the Western Warship Combat Club aka WWCC. You can learn about Big Gun and the WWCC at www.westernwarshipcombat.com

A few important differences between Fast Gun and Big Gun are that
    1) Fast Gun uses a single caliber of gun and a single thickness of armor for all classes of ship, while Big Gun varies gun caliber and armor thickness based on the historical ship's actual guns and armor
    2) Fast Gun determines speed based on length and class of ship, while Big Gun uses a scale speed chart
    3) Fast Gun assigns guns based on a unit system, while Big Gun allows arming (and rotating) of all guns over 3" (75mm), and/or "torpedo" cannons
    4) Fast Gun uses mostly fixed guns (special rules for rotating guns) with unlimited rate of fire, while Big Gun uses mostly rotating guns with a limited rate of fire

Usually we recommend that a new member join the nearest club to him/her, whatever format it may be. However, since you are starting your own club, you get to choose which format you use.

11. cozger

cozger New Member

I think all of the people here and iloved to choose big gun combat. I know its more expensive than fast gun but i think i preffer big gun.
    Also i know how to rotate guns but how do you eleveta in big or fast gun, its quite hard to understand.