hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hedgemebaby, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hedgemebaby

Hedgemebaby New Member

Hi everyone!!!!
    my name is richard aka hedgemebaby
    i live in the uk and have only just found out about this sport, seams like it will be fun but i have no idea how to do anything!!!!!:blink:
    so expect to see lots of posts from me on how do i make cannons/best radios!:)

2. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. It's surprising we don't have more people from the UK as model boating is popular there and we get some of our electronics from there. Ask away and we'll make up answers.

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Just keep in mind the rather dubious legality of what we do in the UK. you need to verify that you can legally posses and make the bb cannons before doing so

4. Hedgemebaby

Hedgemebaby New Member

hi guys as to bb cannons i never thorght of that! but a quick search on wikipedia says
    ''Air pistols generating more than 6 ft·lbf (8.1 J) or air rifles generating more than 12 ft·lbf (16.2 J) of energy are considered firearms''
    so if anyone knows of the tecnicals of it then tell me i cant do it! then i will be only building ships what float & move :(

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I believe the numbers we crunch out are below that. We have had this conversation at various times and we are air toys at 6-8 joules. Anyone else care to add to that?

6. GregMcFadden

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/58/aff/556/aft/407962/afv/topic/Default.aspx

I believe that fellow was looking at big gun, but I could be wrong.

that was the last thread about a fellow in the UK. I can not strongly enough urge you to consult an attorney in this case if you intend to join us in this hobby (we would love to have you participating). we all talk a good game but none of us know the intricacies of UK law.

7. Hedgemebaby

Hedgemebaby New Member

oh well it looks like im going to have to find another hobby to do as an attorney is lots of ££££'s and as i havent had a pay rise in 3 years so higly unlikely!
    btw is there a page on how to make them with pics and stuff so i could go round to the local police station and see what they say as they are quite good on guns as i live in the countryside?

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

you can look up one of the vendors that makes the cannons for us and I do believe there is some how to areas in the main bodys of the clubs and tells how to make your own.
    Buddy

9. GregMcFadden

Good luck, it would be good if you find out you can play over there.

check out the pictures here:

http://www.strikemodels.com/products/cannon-systems/

Inside the bottom of the T is a piston and spring that rise when the gas is supplied, allowing only one round to fire.

at the right angle fitting at the top, there is an O-ring that you adjust the compression on, to set how fast the BB's fly.

10. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Welcome to the group.

Hope that you have a lot of fun here.