Hmmm

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Tugboat, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

After a long look through my Japanese photo sources on Mogami, it is apparent that I won't be able to use the Yamato secondaries as Mogami mains. The turrets are similar, but not similar enough. So...

I will be substituting USS Omaha for the Mogami in the 1/96 build order. I wanted to keep a cruiser first in line, it'll be easier for new people to build and deploy, and it's a relatively simple hull shape that I'm already doing for 1/144. Sorry to Mogami fans.
    On the plus side, the Omaha is 35kts, too, and looks really cool.

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

That is odd. I had always heard that the 6.1" turrets were lifted from the Mogamis when they switched to 10x8". Interesting.

j.

*edit: Though now that I look them up I can see that they are very different.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Had to go to the wife's office again today. Heh. I now have frame pictures for 1/96 and 1/144, and several drawings of the turrets, too. I think I'll finish the T-103 and Agano (sanding, sanding, sanding)(although T-103 gets a paint job of resin tonite!) and then do the 1/96 Omaha. The more I look at the pics of that class on the NHC photo archive site, the more I like the way they look. Darn you Allied vermin and your pretty cruisers! Darn you to HECK!

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, the Agano's are not bad looking either.