HMS Rodney

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by daemond6, Jan 9, 2012.

1. daemond6

daemond6 Member

I know Kotori built one, I was just wandering if anyone knew of where to get decent plans for the Rodnol?
    Finally made my mind up on what battleship to do, and thought "stuff the cruisers, im going for 16" cannons" ;)

2. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Found some in 1/240th that I'm going to get blown up - not a clue where I could get that done, mind, lol.

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

You could contact the NMM if you want the "real" plans. Last I checked they were something like 14.40gbp per sheet, plus research fee and S&H.

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

You should be able to get them blown up at Kinkos or the like. Have you tried StrikeModels or Taubman's plans? They probably have them already in the correct size.

5. daemond6

daemond6 Member

tried Taubman, they didnt have them, my dad found a set for free online, I'll add them to the plans database once Ive got them downloaded.

6. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

If you can, please post the link. We're always looking for free plans. :)

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Taubmans has HMS Nelson, but Strike's price is better.

8. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Turns out its a printable paper model in .pdf format. Googling "fly models 130" leads to multiple download sites.

I might be able to scale the relevant pieces to make a set of 1/144th or 1/96th plans, but it will take a while, my laptop is awfully slow, and I'm not sure how to go about it.

9. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Honestly, for the time and effort involved with that - just pay Stephen/Strike to mail you a set. International shipping isnt that bad, and if you have him fold the plans rather than roll them it'll probably be even cheaper.

10. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Hmm, possibly... Main reason I was going to scale up these is because it would be free xD

11. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Free plans are not always the least expensive option...

12. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

The shipping to the UK is about $8 for flat and $15 for rolled. Part of the increased cost of sending it rolled is the weight of the tube itself, so if you ordered more plans, the rolled might be more economical.

Keri

13. daemond6

daemond6 Member

Cheers Keri, I've got a bit of cash coming soon, so I might be ordering them soon, hopefully.

14. HorribleHarry

HorribleHarry Member

I love my plans from Strike... they are all rolled up, quietly waiting for me in my Ralph Coles Rodney.
    I tell you... that's one he** of a hull.

15. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Download a free 30 day trial autocad software package. Start a new drawing. Drag in the PDF of your plan-set. Use the SCALE command. Pick a point at the scale bar, then type in REFERENCE (or just R) then pick then length of the scalebar, then type in the length it should be in feet as shown. Then scale the whole thing down again by typing in SCALE, selct the PDF image, then type in "1/144" (without quotes but you need the slash for the devision symbol) and thats it. Double check your numbers. From there you can print to PDF at 1-1 scale, or safe the drawing with the image file onto a thumb drive and locate your nearest print shop.