HMS Vanguard hull for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by Chris Easterbrook, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I have an HMS Vanguard hull for sale it is uncut. It is a Bob Pottle hull. I am asking 100.00 or best offer plus shipping. It is a classs 7 ship in all fast gun rule sets.

2. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

I think I may have a buyer! Steve Andrews here in the US has been looking for one. spedracr2.at.aol.com

3. Chris Easterbrook

Hey Marty, have Steve Andrews contact me through these forums and I can find out how much shipping will be.

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Chris,
    UPS wouldn't give me insurance on hulls because I don't have a company and they consider hulls 'personal items'. Fedex said they will insure personal items but customs might want an invoice from the seller confirming the value. The quote I got for the Hood mold (going to California) was about $70CAN, and it's longer and much heavier than a Vanguard hull. Packaging a Vanguard hull will probably cost you around $10 in materials (plus your time).
    Bob

5. Chris Easterbrook

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

So did Steve Andrews contact you Chris?

7. Chris Easterbrook

not yet Paul

8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Looks like steve can not come up with the coins at this time.
    Marty

9. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Good news for shipping hulls from Canada to the US. FedEx will insure personal items, unlike UPS and their local affiliate. I was able to get insurance for the Hood hull mold just shipped to Strike Models.
    HMS Vanguard was my last and best hull mold, featuring the main armour belts and the lower secondary belts fore and aft of the main. The hull Chris is selling wasn't made by me - I loaned the mold to another NABS member so he could make a hull. He made a couple of extras and sold one to Chris. I've seen one of the Vanguards he made and the quality was good.
    Bob