Hose and Push Fittings

Discussion in 'Construction' started by John Bruder, Jan 28, 2015.

1. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

I am looking for the make, model, size and part numbers for the hose/tube and fittings shown here in Brian's ship. Can someone send me the listed info and a place to buy/order them?

I want to put the large hose and fittings shown in as feeder tubes and 1/8 ID hose from there.

Thanks,

JB

Attached Files:

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Pretty sure they're Parker Prestolok fittings, but I don't know part #s. I know a few here have used them, @jadfer comes to mind.

3. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Yup, that's why I asked. Maybe Brian is looking up the parts numbers as we speak. I thought that they were Parker, but I don't know the size and what tubing to get. I know several old MWCI captains that have used it for years but all our web links, email lists and google chats went away.

jadfer likes this.
  4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I just put '1/4"NPT push-quick fitting' in the search thing on Amazon. You can buy individual parts at like $2 each. Work really good :)

5. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

They are indeed parker hose and fittings. I use them and will get you the info soon.

6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

http://www.parker.com/literature/Literature Files/pneumatic/Literature/MRO-7_Airline Accessories.pdf

Starts @ H8 and goes through the composite and metal fittings. I use metal because they are much smaller however they don't make the Y splitter or some other parts in metal. I think the color ring means standard, yellow metric but I am not sure.

Tubing - Page H4 - Nylon

I am sure there may be closer but you could order from Huffco - reasonable pricing -
    Contact Any of Hufco's 8 Texas Locations for Outstanding Fast & Professional Customer Service

I just walk into the Deer Park location and order from whomever.. usually they are just sitting in bins.. hundreds of them.. its glorious (I went through Hell to get this in the past)

Enjoy

John Bruder likes this.
  7. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Part Number - It looks like a palmer regulator with a 1/8npt orifice.. if it is then you want - W169PLP-4-2 (its a swivel) for 10/32 you want - 169PLP-4-0
    The W in the part number means white thread lock its a paste... the 10/32 does not have that treatment.

8. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Big John we all moved over to the IRC email group. Do you know how to find it?

9. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Hi Johnny,

Really sad that there was nothing in the Springs.
    Is the email group the Yahoo thing? If not, where is it and do I need to send in IRCWCC membership to get on it?

10. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Johnny,

Thanks for all the info on the parts. It is so much easier when you know what you are looking for rather than experimenting. I had some of the plastic fittings at last NATs and they couldn't handle the use and two broke off my regulator by the end of NATs. Metal is better.

11. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

You don't need to be a member, but if you are planning to battle you will need to be. I have been lurking there for years but never posted. At this time its the only list and perhaps for now that is a good thing.

Yahoo! Groups

Membership 2 parts:

Insurance - Namba - NAMBA Login - create an account, paypal over $50 and you have insurance for this calendar year.

IRC - Onlineapplication
    Best deal is the 5 year @ 30. You will also paypal this money over to them.

That's all you need to do, they will mail you cards and info.

12. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I use that page (H26) a lot. The only thing I cant get in metal is the Y splitter with all 1/4 ports.

I use the straight 1/8npt to 1/4 hose - and 10/32 to 1/4 as well.

Tube to Tube I go through the union elbows like crazy .. its easier than trying to bend the rigid tubing.
    I also use unions in case of a repair I can just put that in-line.. and the Union TEE is another one I use a lot.

13. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Good Deal Johnny.

I looked at the membership stuff a few weeks back. I just need to do it. There just are not many of us out here in Colorado. 2 guys coming back to the hobby in Boulder, Randy in Denver and me in Colorado Springs. We have had some interest in the past but you need battles to build a club and I have no pond here. I need to get some overhead imagery and search for ponds and then do a ground reconnaissance.

Have a good one and thanks again for the information.

PS: do you use any 1/4 tube to 10/32 Tees. I was looking for something to run to and from the solenoids using the main line to eliminate the volume tanks in one ship.

14. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I split the 1/4 using a T or a Y and then use 68PLP-4-0 to connect the tubing to the solenoid. I then use a clippard 2 port barb to split the air for my 2-hose gun. Is that what you mean?

15. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Yep, That is pretty much what I was talking about.

Thanks again,

r/JB