How to make gun?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by hobbies, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hobbies

hobbies New Member

Hi I just recently bougt a uss brooklyn (cl-40) from strikemodels but I have one problem i have no idea how to build the guns and i have searched this forum but still can't figure it out :( Any help will be greatly apritiated.

2. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

well, I guess that would depend on whether you were building for fastgun (mwci/ircwcc/treaty), or biggun.

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Rookies should either buy the guns from Strike/BC OR have a vet make them/help the rookie make them. Making good guns is hard and easy to mess up. Not having guns working at battles makes battling suck. I know I made my own and had 3 years of gun problems.

A Jedi does not make a lightsaber until the end of his training. Maybe that makes you feel better.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Seriously agree with Bob. I look at it this way. One BC cannon costs less money than I make in 2 hours at work. It would take me many hours of work and a lot of money paying for parts in the many flawed cannons one must make to get to a good reliable cannon. Have you seen the price of copper lately? So the price at BC (and Strike once they're making them) is actually a steal. Reliable guns are so much more fun on the water.

5. bear23462

bear23462 Active Member

In the Big Gun world, you don't have a choice but to make your own cannons.

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Strike Models has big gun cannons.

7. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Last I heard Strike was still in the experimental stage but there are a few guys that will make guns out there for you if you can find them.

8. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Strike has prototype cannons for big gun, but we're not at the manufacturing stage yet. We're getting quotes on getting three-phased power installed at the new shop, which will power some of the tools we need to do the cannons.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Go with cannons either from BC or Strike. Expecially if your starting out for the first time.

10. Quintanius

Quintanius Member

Buy the plans - make your own. Learning curve, sure, but I see it as part of the fun. Unless you have absolutely no access to any sort of power tools. Then that might make things more challenging. :)

http://www.strikemodels.com/products/cannon-big-gun/

Thomas

11. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

http://www.ircwcc.com/How-To.html Is a great resource I found that has drawings and PDF's on DIY's just look threw the sight Good Stuff. look at (BB Cannons, and Clipboard Cannons Tabs) Enjoy :)

12. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

take a look here and see if this helps...

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/Forum/tabid/58/aff/546/aft/408547/afv/topic/Default.aspx

13. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

As said earlier, best advice it to buy your first set, even a good ole used set from a captain...

Then play with building your next set..

THE WORSE THING ANY NEW RECRUIT CAN DO IS SPEND ALL DAY AT A POND WITH HIS SHIP ON A BENCH!o_O

Get with somebody and get a reliable set of guns.... then experiment later.
    Worse case scenario, get with somebody and have them help you build a set...

Most recruits leave this hobby for two reasons...
    1. The wife finds out how much is needed in time and $$ and then cuts the funding!
    2. The new captain spends too much time on the bench and not the water!

So take some healthy advice, get on the water first so you can enjoy the hobby and get addicted, once your hooked.. and it wont be long! then go play with your new tools and parts!