Howdy from Wyoming

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1812m, Feb 22, 2009.

1. 1812m

1812m New Member

Howdy all. My name is Nathaniel. I live in Casper Wyoming, the center of the state; so I suppose that makes me one of the fish furthest from water here.
    I've never been anywhere near an R/C craft of the magnitude you guys are working up, but I have scratch built airguns and balsa model ships. I liked the idea of putting the two together so here I am. You guys sound like a great bunch of guys but until i'm totally straightened out i'll just get my feet wet. Unless someone here is in the Casper area I won't have anyone to play with just yet but i'm looking forward to learning : ) powder river let 'er buck!

2. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Welcome aboard. Dont worry, many of us travel many hours to go to battles. You should find some one soon enough or you can start your own club. Best of luck.

3. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

welcome aboard! I think you will find that you will be able to get all kinds of help and good advise in to any area of this hobby . If you dont find anyone here close we can help start looking to start your own group.
    Buddy

4. 1812m

1812m New Member

I appreciate the enthusiasm guys. I'll probably need that and quite a few ideas to start getting a group together here and start my own projects.

5. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

River Raider says he is living in Wyoming... I'd contact him!

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/UserProfile/tabid/92/ID/286/Default.aspx

The Captain Finder has gotta be one of the slickest parts I have on this site to date!

6. 1812m

1812m New Member

thanks ; ) i'll look him up. i saw his profile earlier and have never even heard of the town he's living in, i even checked the map

7. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

Which club (big gun, Treaty, MWCI, etc.) are you planning to battle with? I am located in Idaho and plan to start an Idaho chapter of the MWCI somewhere in the next few years. If you went with the MWC then maybe the Idaho and Wyoming clubs could battle together once in a while for regional battles.

8. 1812m

1812m New Member

that would be great! as far as the clubs i'm not informed enough to make a decision like that just yet. I'll hit the local hobby shops in town and maybe try to get a story in the weekly Casper Journal to feel out who in casper is up for participating. then it's just a matter of getting a WY chapter running from the roots up. I'm still in college though so i don't have the time commitment to make a serious move on starting a local group just yet. I also want more experience. I want to know the what's what of the game, to have made some models, and to have played in the wider world of rcnvlcmbt before leading others ahead