I'm back after 6 years or so....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BB61, Jun 16, 2008.

1. BB61

BB61 New Member

About 6 years ago I bought Phil Sensibaugh's (Mid-West Battle Groups) old USS Iowa and then got busy with the job and 5 kids and didn't do anything. I'm finally ready to try everything out again with Phil's old Iowa (just repainted her). However, I need new batteries and ammunition. Batteries should be easier but the ammo is not as easy. Where is the best place to buy the same? And, is the Nevada/N. CA club the closest one to Utah now?

One final question: after all this time should I re-skin the ship or do you all think she will be OK.

Thanks!

2. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Welcome back. I think reskinning is in order. The balsa will be quite brittle by this time.

3. BB61

BB61 New Member

Thanks for the advice on reskinning. How about ammunition and batteries, where is the best place to buy some?

Thanks.

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Phil's Iowa is a significant threat in the hands of anyone with a good aim. Practice practice practice long range shots. You will scare them back in to port.

5. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Royal steel is where I go... check the links page from rcwarships.com

Welcome back!

Mike

6. admiraljkb

admiraljkb Member

That's rcwarships.org. :) rcwarships.com just redirects now to the new site (unless you deep linked in, but technically the .com site could disappear at any time)

7. Mike Horne

Mike Horne Active Member

Bad habit sorry!

8. BB61

BB61 New Member

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the suggestions.

9. TheDragonmaw

TheDragonmaw New Member

Hey BB61

I'm not sure if there are any clubs closer to Utah other then the Cal-Neva one, but if you woud like any info on the Cal-Neva I could try to help you out.

10. BB61

BB61 New Member

Hi. I would be interested. I noticed on your club's schedule you have a couple of meets in Reno.

Thanks!

BB61