IRCWCC Nationals

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by warspiteIRC, Jul 3, 2009.

1. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

Hey fellows;
    There was some talk earlier about some of NABS coming down to R.I. for our Nationals. It'sonly a couple of weeks away now and all information is on the IRC site under the schedule of events (click on Nationals). www.ircwcc.org We would love have some of you join us!
    Marty Hayes (Bacon Maker, Warspite and NC)

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Unfortuntaly I won't be leaving the Island this year to attend any of the events. Sigh....

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I know. Buit still I will be going. The Sodak won't be coming. The bent shaft is plaguing it. Of course I need to have a threaded end for the prop but I dont have the ability to put a thread on.

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

You could always whip up a set of homemade shafts with props. I have a spare set when I redid my Arizona. They were easy to make, I also soldered the prop to the shaft. I figured if it came out it would have to come ALL the way out and I might catch it. The problem with a screwed shaft is you should have a replacement at all times because most people won't have one to lend you. Locktite, pin or solder the end so the prop doesn't come off on a rock, ect...

5. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Hey Paul talk to Jat I think he has a tap and die set for that. what size shafts do you need?

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

That I am not sure. I believe they are battlers shafts. I think they are 1/8th of an inch.

7. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Did battler's sell them threaded or did you thread them? Battlers are 1/8 if they are standard sodak shafts.

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I believe they were sold threaded. I had purchased the hull and the shafts were already installed.

9. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Talk to Jay Paul he may be able to help you out.