IRCWCC Video

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Powder Monkey, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

Enjoy our Propaganda [:D]

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3318482/9329847

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

SWEET!

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

very nice Two Thumbs Up

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Looks good :) We'll have to have you do one for Battlestations :)

5. Powder Monkey

We could work something out I'm sure [;)]

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Not bad. I am not a fan of fancy transitions like what are used to go from combat to construction and after the first sink. The change in music at that point also felt a bit odd to me. The movie quote and the American flag with flaming backdrop seem out of place in a video about having fun with toy boats. It's OK to be dramatic, but that's a bit over the top. Some of the photos of recovering sunken ships were not particularly clear, but most were excellent as was the video of sinking ships. I really liked the slide show of ship construction, it's something I've thought about doing but haven't done for various reasons. I also liked the opening call to general quarters and action video. My second favorite part was the slide show at the end, showing the heart and soul of our hobby: people having a good time. It is another thing that I don't include enough of in the photos and videos my brother and I do. My favorite part was the cheer at the end! Bideo de otsukaresama deshita (good job on the video). Banzai!

7. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Great video.

8. Powder Monkey

Gascan,
    Thanks for the input as this is only the second video I have done besides my sons football highlights. I actually goofed on the music change. I slide the bar back unintentionally covering over the sound track. The change in music should of happened at the third sink going from a still sink to a battle sink had already fixed it prior to your post but haven’t reposted yet .I took your advice with the flag but I like the quote (to each his own) so I will keep it Director Prerogative [:D] again thanks for your input I really appreciate it
    Monk

9. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Watching the video a second time, I don't mind the quote as much, but the burning flag still seems unrelated to having fun with toy boats. It relates getting sunk (a somewhat embarrassing, yet fun event) to a terrorist assault on America. But I'm only a critic, you're the director, Monk. I liked the rest of it and am looking forward to seeing version two.