IRCWW attending Treaty battles.

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by hullbuster, Aug 13, 2008.

1. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

The IRCWCC will like an invitation to attend your spring regionals/ nats 2009. Many members have expressed interest in attending and we feel that it would a good opportunity to promote both clubs and unity in the hobby as whole.

Plato Avramides
    Member at Large

2. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

I'd even take my "Roma chalange" boat that works out rather nice against So Daks, Chew and Spit Chew and Spit, SoDaks don't taste to good,
    Carlo

3. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

No communication at all from you treaty guys? Even saying no, that idea is stupid is still communication. Is there no interest in opening up a dialog? You guys don't want to battle other venues?

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Plato,
    I think attending each others events is a good idea. I haven't abandoned the IRCWCC format, though I've been involved with Treaty since the NABS split. The remaining NABS members have discussed deviating from IRCWCC format and creating their own rules, so there may not be a local IRCWCC group in 2009.

Carl tells me the next IRCWCC NATS will be in RI. I've been hoping for that since the last one there in 2003. Anything further south is pretty much beyond practical driving range for Nova Scotians with limited holidays and travel time. Hope to see you in RI and at some Treaty events.

Bob

5. hullbuster

hullbuster Member

Hi Bob,

Attending each other’s events is good on many different levels. The IRC has always had an open door policy. All are welcomed and while we relies the difference in format would make it a little difficult we have many members willing to mod existing boats to comply with treaty.
    What is shocking is that we know the treaty group has seen our thread and are not posting. It doesn’t exactly boaster good will.
    Our request for an invitation still stands but in a further effort to promote this idea of opening more venues for combatants. The IRCWCC is extending it hospitality to the Treaty Group. All Treaty members are invited to attend NATS 09 in RI. I will have to run this by the rest of the e-board but I am almost sure we can even wave the IRWCC member fee required to attend NATS.

Bob I look forward to seeing you pond side one day.

Plato

6. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Give them a chance to answer. I'm sure the answer will be "Sure!". :)

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Plato
    We do not feel the need to offer up a blanket invitation to the IRCWCC.
    If members of your club are interested in participating in our events, then they can feel free to contact us as individuals.
    If they have exercised the ability, or willingness to follow the rules in their own club, then they should have no problem participating in Treaty.
    However, if they are one of the few members in your club that have not shown enough respect for their own club to simply follow their own club's rules, then we do not feel obligated to give them a chance to make a mockery of ours.
    Mikey

8. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing that's a "that idea is stupid"

Welcome back Mike and I did try to contact you as an individual.

Rob A.

9. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

I will say it again WOW
    Is some one off there meds, relax man I might be new at this but I don’t see any malice in this just looking to better the hobby. I was at IRCWCC NATS 08 and brought this up as you asked me too earlier and they accepted it with open arms and thought it was a great thing hope I wasn’t used as bait with your invitation earlier that would really make me upset.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by froggyfrenchman

All
    I feel like we have a good thing going with these multi-format events.
    Not only do I think that it is good for our club, but it also gives those around us in other clubs a chance to battle their boats more often, and hang out with fellow R/C combat folks.
    It also gives us the opportunity to pick up on some of the other technologies that the other clubs use.
    At least from a Treaty stand point, I plan to schedule pretty much all of the Treaty events as multi-format, with the possible exception of our Nats event, so that we can do our rules stuff.
    I will be contacting all of the other regional clubs, and trying to make sure that schedules do not conflict.
    This year we shared the waters with ships from the BBS, and some of the big-gun clubs.
    In 2008, I hope to include the L.E.A.G., the Battlestations group (96th scale version of big-gun), and I will also look into having an event with the MWC, and IRCWCC.
    I will keep you all posted.
    Mikey

10. froggyfrenchman

Powder
    No bad intentions.
    When I posted the original post in your area (pretty much all of the other local clubs also), I was a member in both Treaty and the IRCWCC.
    Over time, I posted something to the groups about not giving up on the idea on occasion, but as time went on, the road seemed to get more bumpy, as the responces were somewhat of a negative nature, as often as not.
    I let my frustrations get the better of me, when I got poked in the eye with a stick one too many times.
    My appologies all the same.
    Mikey

11. froggyfrenchman

An extra appology to Justin.
    Sorry you had to take action in the general area discussions, for my part in that.
    Mikey

12. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Just remember that people change. You guys stood up for what you believed in, the playing field is not the same as when you left. They extended their hand in what I believe to be an honest gesture and you spit on it. Perhaps they deserved it, perhaps not.

There is an open wound between the groups, in which needs an active decision and an act of faith to heal. If Treaty needs time to heal, take all the time you need. But remember to sew into the next generation the desire to return to your long lost brethren. Only together will this hobby survive.

13. Powder Monkey

Well Froggy We never gave you a negative only positive and we came close several times this was a work in progress. I wish you had told me your feelings changed wouldn’t have wasted my time at NATS proposing it well it is what it is maybe we will all learn to get along sooner or later till than Gods speed

14. Powder Monkey

Oh and Justin why cant I go after the nice bannanas they SMELL SOOOOO GOOD [:D]

15. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

As Justin did to this thread in the General topic section, this thread will be locked.