It is alive!!

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Gettysburg114th, May 7, 2007.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Well, since Oct. it has all been talk but, as of Saturday May 5th at 10:00 am it is real. Treaty Combat works and it works well. More time on the water, less damage with sinks, a relaxed atmosphere. Combat that looks more like surface combat and not like an airplane dogfight. The ships handle very well and are very stable. Rams are almost a thing of the past.
    What a concept...
    bOb

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Hats off to you, Mikey, and Eric for bringing everything together. I am VERY pleased with the product and to be honest, I don't see any more fast gun events in my future. I believe this product is superior both on and off the water.

Mike D

3. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Treaty combat? So no ships can exceed 35,000 tons?

4. crzyhawk

No, that was the name the founding fathers picked for our new format. Its kind of a hybrid of big gun and small gun. We have limited the rate of fire, limited the pump capacity, and slowed the ships down so they don't look like speedboats on the water. The result is a battle that is much more FUN then a typical fast gun event, with just as much sinking and less patching between sorties...which means we can battle MORE. Also, instead of 10 minute sorties on average, ours seems to last 20-30 minutes. That's a whole lot more battling in a day then we had before with unlimited fast gun rules.

Mike D

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I'd be really worried if one of our model ships weighed more than ONE ton, let alone 35,000 tons. Imagine how hard that would be to pick up off the bottom of the pond if it sank [:D]

6. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

HA! HA! HA! I get it [:D]

7. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Hmmmm what scale would that be?

8. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

It's a 72:1 scale YAMATO! that outta attract some attention. complete with balsa on ply construction and 16/5' caliber Big Gun cannons. [:)] I wonder what pumping capacity it would get?

9. crzyhawk

You're right Bob, and I think its important to point out that we only had ONE damaging ram all weekend long, and that was when the captain of a 33 knot cruiser was watching someone else's boat, and t-boned a ship on his own side. The ships also seemed to roll very little; even the Suffren was fairly stable. All in all, everything worked out great.

Good Mike

10. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Actually 35,000 tons would almost give you a 1/2 scale Yamato...9" guns!!!!

11. crzyhawk

Another point you made that was good, was the lack of patching. That left a lot more time for battling, which is always a good thing.

Good Mike

12. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

More time on the water, less damage and patching.....What a concept. I am looking at making up a battery pack and wearing it on my belt for my radio transmitter. 35 minute sorties and 3 battles a day will require more radio battery. WOW, WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE..
    bOb

13. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

dun dun dunn...