Japanese Navy Battleship Kirishima

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by pew-pew-pew, Apr 3, 2007.

1. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

one of my favorite japanese ship, always looking for pictures, blueprints, ect...
    http://www.westernwarshipcombat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=56

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

That model in particular is set up to follow the big gun rules. Notice the large trays of ammunition that mark the cannons as Indiana-style cannons. I have never seen this ship at any events, even though it is in the same club I am in. It will not be legal for use in the SAS, a fast gun club, without completely rebuilding everything, at which point you may as well build one yourself.

3. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

wow okay, that would have been a mess, to rebuild it all over again ( good thing the guy sold it three weeks ago )

4. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

Good set of plans for Kongo, Kirishima, or Haruna at www.pacificfront.com under the plans section.
    Also a BS Press/Profile Morskie of the Hiei under the books section.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Pacific Front sells them, but you can buy them from Miyukikai (the original producer) at about $20-$24... including shipping from Japan. Takes about 2 weeks, and no one that I've referred to Miyukikai has ever failed to be astounded.

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/miyukikai/sub2.htm

Not that I have it in for Pacific Front; But Haruo-san is a friend of mine so I like to see him get the credit :) I have 4 sets of his plans and they are all mind-blowingly good. Side benefit of buying straight from him is that with your first order you get (free) several pages of detail drawings of AA guns, torpedo tubes, small craft, etc to detail your ship with.

6. Robert Clarke

Robert Clarke Member

That's a good discount. I'll try it next time I order a MYCO plan.
    I have 4 sets of plans from Miyukikai and they are very nice indeed.

7. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Just to be fair: I've always bought mine from Pacific Front, and I've gotten the free detail sheets with each set of plans.

The Myco plans are indeed the best available for the IJN, unless you have copies of some of the special plan sets published in Japan in the 1970s. Those are truly outstanding, and are mostly copies of the builders prints from what I can tell...

However, the best plans I've seen of the Kongo class came from a place in France called NAVYPLAN. They are no longer in business, but their 1/100 scale Kirishima plan set was awesome in detail.

Carl