june 19 - 20

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by sinkin321, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Well shall we try again. this will be at the grove at 10 - 10:30
    please let us know what day is best

2. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me, I'll go out on whichever date.
    J

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

It 'll be weeks before I can battle. Our cottage was raised 5' last week to keep it above the St. John River floods and there was heavy damage to the grounds from the combination of wet weather, soft soil, cement trucks and a crane. Kim has many relatives coming to the cottage in late July - early August and is away for the next month on a course, leaving me to to get the landscaping organized and have the plumbing system completely replaced.
    I have to be in NB most weekends until the end of July to do some of the work myself and to inspect work being done by contractors. I'm in town one weekend per month on-call for work, so if call is quiet I might be able to battle on those weekends. (HMS Gorgon has been ready to battle since last summer!)
    Bob

4. Jay Jennings

Bob, if you know you are going to be home, let us know and we will come out and battle on that day.
    We can usually muster a couple of guys on short notice and more if we have more notice.
    J

5. Bob Pottle

J,
    If call isn't busy on the 26th - 27th I can battle that weekend (between laying up I-400s!).
    Bob

6. Jay Jennings

Have we decided on a day yet?
    I am good for either. I am gonna contact Steve Hill and see if I can get him out.
    Bob, I am out of town that weekend (figures) but the other guys may be able to come out.
    J

7. Jay Jennings

OK, Sat. it is.
    At the Grove, 1000-1030 ish.
    I will have the tank and fill station so we can test guns.
    J

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I will be there.

9. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I just checked my calendar. i wont be able to be there.

10. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

well it happened. we got out for a run, Jay, steve C., steve H., Dave and myself. The first boat in was the new carrier and after a bit of work she ran pretty well, but a bit fast. Second was Nagato against my new Lutzow- can you guess who won. a pump problem sent me to the bottom, but for the first time in the water with no tests at all, it was great to put a hole in another boat for once. Steve hill SANK A SHIP!!!,- does not want us to tell that it was an unarmed carrier that was turned off, so shhhh don't say anything, he still SANK A SHIP!!!!. Scharnie was on the sidelines with a radio problem ( radio left home on charge ) so ship was sitting high and dry - less holes for me to patch with 4 guns not aimed at mine. So for the first run all went well and with the glitches being repaired and ships systems tested it will be better next battle.. A good day was had by all.

11. Bob Pottle

Was Steve Hill operating HMCS Uganda? If so I think that was it's first 'battle' since I rebuilt it . What was the carrier he sank?
    I plan to resume work on Japanese light carrier Ibuki after making five I-400s. Hopefully it'll be battle ready (but without much detail) by late August.
    Bob

12. Jay Jennings

No, Steves batteries have been discharged for too long and he was unable to charge them.
    He used Nagato on John's med sized British carrier. John redid the flight deck out of some lighter material and it was very stable. Looked good going through the water.
    I would like to see Ibuli on the water, one more Japanese ship for the fleet.
    How goes the hulls, I now have 3 different CO2 cylinder sizes to check out.
    If there is a hull good enough in you eyes, Paul or Curt might be able to take it to NATS to show it off.
    J