Just a quick question.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Craig, May 2, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Got these on a recommendation from our local hobby store gurus....

Futaba 2.4gz Fasst Radio systems.

The only issue I can see is it has a little picture of an airplane on the side.... I thought with the signal lock it didn't matter ground or air anymore. What gives? and does anyone know if we should buy these as radios are needed and we have no other local options.

Let me know by e-mail if you could. Thanks.

2. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

2.4ghz is legal for air or surface use. you can put any picture you want on it. I've heard good things about the futaba's but ive never personally used one. I would say go for it.

3. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thank you very much... that should clarify people's reactions up here. I thought that way too but just looking for an another's opinion. Thanks.

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I know enough folks in the rc heli world using futaba that I would use it. (in fact I will probably upgrade to it sooner or later)

5. Craig

Craig Active Member

Thanks Greg.... I was a little unsure... the Futuba site says good for all... maybe they just cater to the flyers... who knows... In the end the frequency is locked sooooooo......

6. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Of course since we are in the states, and don't know what the FCC rules are like in Canada, you may or may not have a problem using that radio in a boat.

7. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

"Just a quick question."
    is there such a thing [;)]

8. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

I also own one and plan to use it as the video and website say there is no chance of interference and you are right PM there is no such thing as a quick question, just quick answers.