just for thoughts

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by DATDAVFred, Jun 16, 2014.

1. DATDAVFred

DATDAVFred Member

i have seen this on hobby king. i was just thinking if this would be a usefull tool for 4 motor systems.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__36674__Q_Brain_4_x_20A_Brushless_Quadcopter_ESC_2_4S_3A_SBEC.html
    there is a couple diffrent versions. also what would it take to get this running on a ship? im just pokeing at some ideas.

2. DATDAVFred

DATDAVFred Member

anyone plz respond any thoughts good or bad is ok. its just for thoughts open and free discussion...

3. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

20A is kind of low for our application.

4. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

Ehh probably not worthwhile. In the fast gun world running 4 props almost never happens due to the performance hit from doing so. Setting up the programming to work with motors that arent in a quad copter configuration might be a bit of a chore if it is even doable. Can the ESCs do reverse? I don't think quad copters ever reverse the rotation of a propeller they just vary the speed, we reverse prop rotation all the time. One ESC per motor gives more redundancy in case something dies or you have a bad connection somewhere that flakes out.

5. DATDAVFred

DATDAVFred Member

That's why, I wanted to discus this..I think it's best to explore options, and note the ideas and facts. Keeps all of us from wasting money and time. Also I didn't know if this idea was ever posted.