Larger Scale Battleship

Discussion in 'Construction' started by IndyBB58, Jul 5, 2013.

1. IndyBB58

IndyBB58 New Member

I have just discovered this site. Awesome! I am building a 1/32 scale model (yes, it is almost 21 feet long) of the USS Indiana, BB-58. I have a good set of plans from Strike Models, but need some help with the superstructure. Does anyone have details on what the superstructure of a South Dakota class Battleship looks like?
    I am nearly done with the hull, am hope to take my grandkids for a ride next summer, after i have added the superstructure and a propulsion unit.
    Any and all help would be welcome.
    IndyBB58

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Order the 1/96 plans from The Floating Drydock... they're copies of the builder's blueprints and should cover your needs nicely. Can't wait to see pictures!

3. IndyBB58

IndyBB58 New Member

Thanks! I'll check them out. I will also have to learn how to post photos!

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Easiest way is to put them on Google+, then when you right-click on a photo, you choose 'Copy Image URL', then when you're writing a post, you click on the little icon that looks like a picture of mountains or something like that, and paste the URL into the window that pops up. Also in that window are a bunch of little boxes that you can put numbers in. Most are blank and that's perfect. In the one that says 'Image width', put 600. It limits the width of the image to something that fits in the forums.