Liberty Ship Plans, Free PDF Download

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by wfirebaugh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

Slide Show: http://s771.photobucket.com/user/Ho...ip%20Build
    Download PDF: http://www.freefilehosting.net/libertyshipwoodenship21

This is the link to download my Full Liberty ship PDF I have put together as I have not got to craft this ship yet. Please let me know if I need to make changes to the plans and if Errors are found. And Pic's of your builds please if possible :)
    No need to reply to this post it was in another thred while under design but thought I would have it here in the plans section for people look over and download.

RCWC Staff Note: A version of this plan with a much reduced filesize has been uploaded to the Resource Manager under Convoy Ships: 1/144 - Basic Liberty Ship | R/C Warship Combat

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  2. rocketsmith

rocketsmith Member

Wow. That is really impressive. I will add this to my build list. It's the kind of 3d puzzle-kit of parts I like. You may want to advise dial-up users of the size- 154 megabytes. I'm still looking at the plans, but it doesn't look like water channeling is included? Not hard to do if not. Is the center box-section intended to be permanent or can it be used as a construction crutch and removed?

Damn I wish I had yours skills!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Wait wait... people still use dial-up? (Keep in mind I was an early and prolific BBS user on a portable terminal that you sat the phone's receiver on :) )

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Not quite as early as you, but I fought many creatures in the forest, seduced the barmaid and on the side, ran traderuns, infiltrated corporations, dodged the federation and destroyed many figs.

Have you considered thinning the size of your pdf down a bit? I ran it through a bit of downsampling and optimization in Acrobat and came out with a file around 6mb. The graph in the background adds a lot of noise when you print the pages too, for me at least. I've attached my downsampling. I haven't done a page by page comparison for artifacting or image loss though. (See Resource Manager for download: 1/144 - Basic Liberty Ship | R/C Warship Combat )

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Do we have a place in this new forum to stash free plans?

6. NickMyers

We will soon. Work in progress.

7. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Thank you for sharing this! Nice job, too!

8. DATDAVFred

DATDAVFred Member

is free file hosting.net safe

9. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I would use the link in nick's post instead

10. NickMyers

@wfirebaugh Do you mind if I post your plans in the downsampled form I attached above to our upcoming Free Plans section?

11. wfirebaugh

@ NickMyers sure thing I put it out so people could buld it. no problum :) aneything you want to do :) its free. if people want to build it from the plans or just use the ribs and general outline to build a ship its cool with me.

12. wfirebaugh

@ rocketsmith too many years of building RC Plaines I designed it in the same way. This was my first ship design ever. The box in the center of the ship is used for strength of the hole ship no twisting during the build or after its permanent to the ship design I mainly designed it for heavy items batteries and such to sit on mount plate for the motor that sort of thing. to remove the box just extend the main fore or aft spine towards the middle and make up a new rib from the boxed area all ribs that are attached to the box are literally the same except for there tops being different lengths.

13. NickMyers

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  14. wfirebaugh

Awsom I could not seem to drop the file size, I just could not figure it out lol. sorey I haven't been on in a while just moved and shortly after hard drive with the OS crashed. I hate starting over grrrrrr...