Looking for a Q.E. hull

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by froggyfrenchman, Jul 21, 2008.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    There is a skipper looking for a Queen Elizabeth fiberglass hull.
    Anyone have a line on one??
    Thanks.
    Mikey

2. klibben

klibben Member

Nope.... I didn't see any out there when I looked, so I'll be building one one out of wood this winter...

3. Bryan

Bryan Member

Ralph Coles Sells a nice one.

Is a nice hull.

Bryan

4. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

If he can wait until the spring I should have a hull available for the post-reconstruction HMS Queen Elizabeth and Valiant. It will have an accurate and therefore complicated bulge to sheet (but it can be done).

One problem is the new policy of cross-border shipping companies to refuse to insure 'personal items' such as model ship hulls made by individuals versus companies. I can ship hulls to the U.S. but can accept no responsibility for their loss or damage en route. (It's never happened to me in 12 years but there's always a first time.)

Bob

5. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Bob, how much would it cost for you to have it shipped to Ralph Coles, then to the destination? This might work if he has a company, right?

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Well Ralph to my knowledge ships as an individual. He is not making as a company. The best option would to see what Battler's has or as Bowning shipyards.

7. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

But i thought he had a company agreement with some shipping company, and that is how he could ship this across the border without issues.

8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Ralph has an account with a shipping company but to my knowledge has never registered with the province as a business operator. Last time I talked to him he was having the same problem with insurance. (I'd called to see if I could ship a hull through him as Will just suggested.)

Bob