Looking for CO2 hookup diagam using MTV-5

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by dietzer, Aug 16, 2011.

1. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Hey,
    Sometime last week I saw an RC combat article that used an MTV-5 instead of the MTV-1 to do a more efficient safety valve configuration, but like an idiot I forgot to bookmark it. I don't remember if it was on this site or one of the other battle sites. I tried the search engine here but found nothing. The article had a nice pair of diagrams showing gas flow both in the combat and in the safe position.
    Does anyone have a link to this CO2 system hookup article that uses the MTV-5 instead of an MTV-1?
    Thanks,
    Carl

2. Kun2112

Kun2112 Active Member

I think that was the QEV (Quick Exhaust Valve) schematic in the knowledge base. This method works the opposite of most designs like interrupter guns, Arizona, or Indiana cannons. With most designs, the guns are fired by sending pressure to the gun: directly to the breech with a piston or ball bearing interrupter with fast gun cannons, or by opening a larger valve with Arizona and Indiana designs. The QEV design is fired by removing pressure from a valve. If not "safe'd" properly, or a leak develops, the cannons will fire.
    I would link to the article, but any links I try, just go to the knowledge base main page. Click on Members, Knowledge Base, then the category "Weapons Systems" and you will find the article near the end of the page (#42 I believe).
    The new Strike design is based on this principle if what I am hearing is right.

3. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Thanks, Dustin. That helps a lot!

The knowledge base has one of the two diagrams from the article, but not the full article. I'd still like to find the full article if I can.

Thanks,

Carl