Looking For Looking to buy back HMS Courageous

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by oldsalt05, Feb 11, 2015.

1. oldsalt05

oldsalt05 Member

Looking to buy back the HMS Courageous that I own for awhile then sold her to someone in Maryland I believe sometime around 2004. She was battling with the IRCWCC for awhile. She is not much for combat but my sons really enjoyed sailing her..........not looking to battle, just a fun ship for the boys to sail on the lake.

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

After looking at the photos Curt posted of Courageous when new (1997) I've decided to build another 'large light cruiser'. The first hull from the Furious mold, made from the Courageous hull plug by modelling the wider bulges, will finally be put to use. The superstructure is similar to Courageous/Glorious but there are only 2 main guns vs 4.

The best rule set for the model is Treaty, in which Furious is one of the fastest models and 2 x 1.5 unit sidemounts are allowed (not allowed by IRCWCC rules). That was the optimum BB cannon placement when I had her, and was allowed under NABS rules. After one year in that configuration the club decided to comply completely with IRCWCC rules (because we started to hold IRCWCC sanctioned battles) and she had to go back to the less effective rotating bow gun and dual stern guns. At that point she was sold to Larry Dingle (oldsalt).