M-class minesweeper (Germany)

Discussion in 'Ship Plans' started by wfirebaugh, May 14, 2015.

1. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

this is a bit of a mind blower for me. The Dreadnought Project here is the link to the ships plans. the odd part for me is the rear of the ship it looks as it had been added to in some kind of refit but for me if left off or built as the plans show the aft section of the ship barley sits in top of the water so it wont take on mutch water. Ships Capt's firing at it would not cause much damage to make it sink on the back half of the ship some where between frame 23 and 31 dose it actualey be able to really matter as far as penutratable areas if you are following the 60 degree rule. very odd ship! what do you all think of this ship?

2. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Length: 59.3m = 194' 6.6"/12 = 16.2" long
    Beam: 7.3m = 23.95' / 12 = <2" beam

Good luck building an RC combat model in that size (1:144 scale). And if you did, it would be classed as a "Gunboat"... 1 unit, 28 seconds.

Now if you're thinking larger scale or different rules, disregard. I know nothing 'bout dat.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

It'd make a good small convoy ship, I looked at it. Also, the French plans archive has a couple of German Tugs and Minesweepers, and a US Minesweeper (and probably more, I'm going from memory here).

4. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

no build this mine layer vessle in 1:144 scale. I was just talking about the back half of the ship the ribs being half a inch tall and such with the water line being the way it is the ribs will be taller then the water line on the back half of the ship. some pic's / wika page of this ship class have deck guns one for one aft possible as a gun ship or a non com vessel that sort of thing those are the questons I was wondering about.

Last edited: May 18, 2015