Maritime Museum of the Atlantic show

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am posting this in both forums.
    The Maritime Museum show is this weekend, should be good according to the organiser. The modellers are running the show again :), so there won't be a repeat of years past. We are in the middle with our tables in a circle so we will be seen from every direction.
    There is a dinner on Saturday night. It will be either at the Chinese place across the street or at the Triangle. What John Green was saying the Triangle is willing to shut down for the night except for the modellers, which we are part of. Should be fun.
    I need to know who is going to be able to lend a hand, please post here if you are able to come down and when. Thanks,
    J

2. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Jay I hope attendance is better than the last two years.

3. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I wish I could be there but alas work gets in the way. I knopw have access to one of the class 4's. If you need southy for the show just let me know.

4. Jay Jennings

Sorry to hear that Paul, wish you were going to be there. We just might need Southy, Iowa and the other little carrier of Scott Foster's are in the Valley.

An update for the show, there will be guys on duty to direct us to our tables. The Saturday dinner is right after the show shuts down for the day at 5 PM. Parking passes are available for all of us at the Museum front desk, and will be issued on arrival. Things sound pretty good, it should be a good show (I hope!!!)
    I am posting this in both forums.
    J

5. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am off tomorrow Jay. I can get the southy for you as well as the hull for HMCS Prince Roberts to show what a hull lookes like. Just drop me a line.

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

My completed HMCS Prince Robert will be there to show what can be built from the hull.
    I should have the 3 plugs for the I-400 ready for display (upper and lower hulls, hangar). The plugs will be waxed and mounted on bases for molding but the mid-line molding flanges haven't been made yet.
    I'm leaving that chore to the rest of the 'I-400 team'. When the flanges are ready I'll install them and start making the I-400 molds. Hopefully we'll have I-400s in production by mid-May.
    Bob

7. Jay Jennings

Paul, thanks! I unfortunately have to work and have lockup as well, but will be home in the evening.

Bob, excellent! We all need to get together. Are you bringing to plugs to the show? We will have a boat from before the start right to the finished product!!

I forgot to mention that the Museum will be ready to start setting up by about 1430, Friday afternoon. I will be there then and begin the setup.
    J

8. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Jay,
    I'm bringing two-three I-400 plugs. The upper and lower hull plugs should be done and mounted on baseboards by Saturday, except that the upper hull won't have it's catapult installed. I'm hoping Steve can make the catapult this week and we can glue it on at the show. (I've tried to call him but no answer for the last 2 days.) The hangar plug should be repaired and shellacked (?) by Sunday.
    With the plugs done I'll have to take a break from the I-400 to work on the Ibuki. If you, Steve and Dave can make the mid-line molding flanges for the 3 plugs next week I'll install and wax them on the 25th-26th, then start the molds.
    Bob

9. Jay Jennings

Awesome!!!

10. Jay Jennings

Another update, the doors open for us at 0800 on Sat. I am still waiting to here what time the show opens to the public.

J

11. Chris Easterbrook

Good luck this weekend guys.

12. Jay Jennings

Well, the show is done and a good time was had by all!! The turn out was good, we had about 10,267,321 people come through, fired off 18,295 6,000 count jugs of BBs, spent 4270 lbs of CO2 and gave out about 4,583,002 contact info cards. OK maybe we didn't have that many, but the number of people who talked to us about the hobby and seemed generally interrested was higher than at the Shearwater show. We were in the centre of the main display room, with 7 tables in a U shape. with a TV/Video combo on both sides anf the new firing box at the end, everyone who passed by were exposed to RC Naval Combat. We also have Steve Crane's laptop playing some really choice video clips from both here and in the States.

Saturday saw Ian (who was the first of us there both days), Steve Crane, Mack, Dave (our newest member) and myself all day. Ralph came by in the morning and again in the afternoon, Bob dropped by with the I-400 plug.
    Sunday had Ian, Steve Crane, Steve Hill, Mack and his son Malcolm, Ralph and myself all day. Dave and Bob came by at lunch time for the rest of the day. The firing box was going both days, both bottles ( 9 oz & 12 oz) were refilled 8 or 9 times each and my transmitter battery was dead by the end of each day. We had a few very serious inquiries about the hobby and club so we shall see what comes of it. I know Mac was taking pics and I'll try to get him to post some. John Green told me that the front desk had many very positive comments about the display and the persons manning it. John also told me that we have been slotted in for next year and they are going to space the show a little farther away from the Shearwater show. I would like to thank everyone.

J

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Excellent to hear the show went well. Will there be pics posted?

14. Jay Jennings

I am going to ask Mack to post some.
    J

15. Chris Easterbrook

Great to hear that it went so well Jay.

16. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Well Done Jay. sounds like a great time was had by all

17. themackster2

themackster2 New Member

Okay gang, I think I figured out the new file system so lets see if my photos work. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We need to make a nice display sign like this one showing a few combat ship pictures, preferably including
    a few sinks to grab attention, eh?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Red Bull might give you wings but it was no match for our "Uber" cannon of BB uberness!! (Mwahaha)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and thats about it except for some pix of ship internals too look at their layout.
    Mack

18. Jay Jennings

Great Mack, thanks!

19. themackster2

themackster2 New Member

BTW, I'm not sure who had more fun with all the shooting going on in the firing box.

Jay or the various "other" kids. :)

20. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Great shots Mack.