Maritime Museum show 2010

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by Jay Jennings, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi all, I just recieved an e-mail from John Green. The Maritime show is April 24-25. We have been given the same tables and same spot, which was a great spot!!. I need to know ASAP who will be available and when. Hopefully we can get enough people to make the show poosible. Thanks, J

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I should be able to be there for the saturday.

3. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

I can be there no problem

4. Ian

Ian Member

I should be sailing, can't make it.

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I'm on call the weekend of the MM show and trying to do extra work with my patients before leaving for 2 weeks' vacation. I can drop off the Minotaur and Gorgon for display but will have little if any time to man the tables.
    As per the post on the NATCF forum there may not be an I-400 hull to display. More sanding yesterday revealed the starboard side of the lower hull mold has several significant defects where the gelcoat did not adhere to the plug. They are worse than I realized last week and need considerable filling and sanding. It takes quite a while to repair mold defects of that type, requiring a few applications of gelcoat and sanding of each. (Will this project ever be finished??? :().
    Bob

6. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Well, I am sad to report that I had to pull us out of the Maritme Museum show. There were not enough of us available to successfully man the display, we were given the second biggest venue. I asked John Green to keep us in mind for next year and he will.
    J

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

How many people do you need to man the display? I had my GF help and 2 volunteers for a few hours on one day and 1 voluteer the follwoing day. My display was 36 ft long and 16 ft deep,18 tables with 3 demos. I had 12 ships on display not to mention the 18 tanks and 2 submarines and 1 helicopter. I had 2 tvs running the combat videos simultaneoulsy. You only need at least 2 people to man a decent size display. Even if you had only 2 tables and a couple of boats to display. I started with 2 ships and 1 table at the MMA for my first show with a TV and 1 combat video. The Museum let me use their TV and VCR.
    Can't get at least 2 People to set up a small display?

8. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Curt; Not all of us have the "super charged" energy that you have at shows, seen you in action WOW, I was tempeted to nail your feet to the floor at times just so i could catch my breath. Sometimes it is just best to say something like, Thats to bad Jay but thanks for the work you have done so far and maybe next year we can try again.