Photos Meeting of Titans

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, Oct 23, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hey eveyone. Well had a great day today at another section of the pond(lake). We call them ponds here. I met up with several gas powered boaters today and sailed with them. Well I let them sail first then me then them back and forth. However I did snipe a speed boat a full mag of stern cannons. No hits were scored though. I did find a location to hold Rc Combat battles at the site which is just large enough to do battling. Pretty shallow out to 70 ft or more. There's a wall of planked wood about 5 ft tall that forms the backend of a cove which measures 100 ft long so it's workable.
    This was Yamato's first trial run with the cannons since refit. I found a couple of rusty bbs in the upfeed tube which I cleared. I also found a loose hose in a hose clamp which vented the tank prematurely in 10 minutes. Couple of the small hoses popped off the pressure feed end of the straight mag on the port forward turret. The triples fired very well and the starboard side moutns fired hard and true but the cannon was loose in it's mount. I ran the model with the 4 batteries as I need to adust the ballast to make it lean more to starboard when running 3 batteries.
    Missouri ran flawlessly today. The Penguin crew kept things in order and kept a wary eye on the Yamato. :)
    Anyway a good day. Sorry I don't have any combat pics. It's just me on this big Island doing this thing other than my friend Tom who's Iowa is not ready yet.

The conditions were great today.
    [​IMG]
    Here's my buddy launching his speed boat. I would try that with Yamato only it would cause a Tsunami.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Salvos from Yamato
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Port Turrets firing salvos.
    [​IMG]
    More Salvos from B Turret .
    [​IMG]
    Yamato's A turret carves the water in two and just look the sharp peaks of the water going straight up from the impact
    [​IMG]
    Yamato completing a sharp turn and firing. This shot looks like a Bomb drop or torpedoe .
    [​IMG]
    The Penguins are ready to sail to Madagascar
    [​IMG]
    Yamato alone at sea.
    [​IMG]
    Missouri awaiting orders. Some rigging and areials have been attached.
    [​IMG]
    Some penguins blended well with the camaflauge but others like the Pink ones just stood out!
    [​IMG]
    This guy is ready to swat Yamato if it gets too close:eek:
    [​IMG]
    Yamato ready to launch fully armed. The stern details such as the ensign, gun tubs,some lifeboats , the crane and the planes with thier catupults are removed . Dont' want to blast them. o_O
    [​IMG]
    Yamato and Missouri finally meet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lifting this beast is not as bad as the Yamato.
    [​IMG]

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Great pictures Curt, and thanks for the captions! Sounds like a good pond you have there.

3. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Beautiful ships, I really enjoy seeing photos of your detailed vessels, esp the paint job on your Iowa class, would like to do something like that for my New Jersey in the bigger scale, if your have no objections to me using the "likeness" of your Missouri, Penguins make it even "cooler" lol

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Go ahead I don't have copyright to the paint scheme. I saw that pattern on a old VHS combat tape and there was a brief shot of a Iowa class driving past the camera with the pattern. I saw this again not on tape but I think it was on the older combat forum , I believe the chaps name is Plato who painted his Iowa class with this scheme and it was gorgeous. I saw it again with the BG vids on youtube. I got to say it is one of my favorites probalby my most favorite paint pattern. I really like the camoflauge look of the ship models. Thanks for the nice comments.

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

She might have had that during ww 2 from some of the photos i saw of her!! She and Yamato look great!!! How much do they both weight fully loaded, That was a question my mom asked me, i was showing her the photos!!
    Nikki

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Beautiful Curt!
    Both ships look awesome.
    Yamato's guns appearto be nasty.
    Well done and thanks for the pics, can't wait to see some combat pics.
    J

8. pba

pba Active Member

Where do you get your float planes

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Thanks people for the nice comments. I try to make them appealing to look at ,even when their shot up.
    Nikki, tell your Mom Yamato weighs in around 54lbs and Missouri is 41+lbls. She still needs her cannons and co2 hoses and pneumatics.
    That picture of the Mo gave me goose bumps. There's a certain satisfaction knowing your model appears close to a photograph and this was one of the photos that inspired me. I need to correct the wave a little better the at the bow but no biggie there.
    Jay the Yamato's guns are better tweaked now and fire much harder. I had some rusty BBs that got into my loader and the barrels needed some slight tweaking. I had to replace a couple of the O-rings inside the barrels as they were quite flat and worn out. No surprise , when I wasn't battling I was firing the guns on every cruise.
    The Frog, I got the planes for the Missouri from Peter's Planes. http://petersplanes.com/main index.htm. I will be ordering more planes from him for Tirpitz and North Carolina and Roma.

10. NASAAN101

curt,
    I like how your friend launched his boat, you really don't went to try that with a battleship to one big reason, Your going to hurt the boat doing that!
    Nikki

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Throwing 54lb 6ft model will do wonders for your back on the negative side.

12. NASAAN101

Curt,
    Plus your going to hurt Her Big time!!! She still a nice looking boat, A little Off topic, do you ever take her to the RC Shows???
    Nikki!

13. hairy_apple

hairy_apple Member

Super purdy boats! Very impressed. I love the details you put on your ships. They almost look real in some of the pictures.

Great site for those float planes too. I have been trying to find a couple for the Arizona. I have one that I just carved out of balsa but I wanted some nice ones for when it's not getting shot at. Thanks for the link.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No problem hairy_apple. Nikki Yamato has been on display at dozens of RC shows both indoor and outdoor events.

15. NASAAN101

Curt,
    She still looks great!!! How do you thing she would do in a head to head with Mighty moe???
    Nikki

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Both ships turn very well but Yamato has more reserve bouyancy however there is an achilles heel on it which is to plug the area just behind the boat hangar full of holes . IT will drop the small quarterdeck completly under and hopefully the seals there for the deck are not as good.However Mo has no stringers for added protection so plugging that full of holes should be easy. If the quarterdeck is low fast turns will cause swamping of that area. Mo has less reserve buoyancy and the triples don't have a lot of clearance over the quarterdeck. Other than that they are both a good match for each other. Only tactics, reliability and Captain skill will decide. I find the Mo can react quicker to helm control .

17. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I have found the Yammer to be a formidible opponent when they turn into you with all that girth......
    It's not easy to get a shot in on that area And then there is all those triples right after that.

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

True..true Iceman. They are dangerous for sure in the right hands.

19. NASAAN101

Curt,
    They were deadly in real life two :D, she a great ship!! Do you have any newer photos of her and Might Moe together?
    Nikki

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sorry Nikki. Only what's posted in the ship gallery.