merry hello to all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by burnzy232, Mar 8, 2010.

1. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

hi all,
    im a noob to ship building/ battling, but iv have been researching ships and parts for about 8 years (first saw them on a tv report when i was ten) now and im about to buy my first ship, a wollongbar, then if all goes well I'll be building a richelieu.
    instead of going straight into big gun combat i first started out in planes, got to the level of bronze wings, i had a trainer plane, a cap 232 with a .50 ringed os engine, a spitfire with a .91 4stroke os engine and finaly my dad and i built a Fokker d7 with a 40 inch wingspan which we flew in combat were you try to cut a 10ft crape paper streamer that you trail behind the plane ona 10ft pice of string with the planes prop. i also bought a eflight blade 400 heli that was lots of fun to fly or hover is should say.
    then i found the wonderful world of rc car drifting were you get a awd car and put pvc pipe (or a brand name drift tire) on the wheels to make it slide around corners, i had a electric yokomo drifter, then a nitro hyper ten, and now i have a electric xray t2007 chassi which is a belt driven chassi that is set up for countersteer drifting( like the real thing). i also have a b4 2wd buggy thats in bits...
    and right now i realise that all the money i spent i could have had about oooh say, i duno, about 7 or 8 battleships.........:plain: (sigh...) oh well better late then never i guess, i hope to be battling soon though, i hope it is as addicting as rc WW1 biplane combat:woot:.

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby, burnzy. The AusBG is a really cool club, you should have a lot of fun with them. Good luck with your build!

3. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

cheers, Kotori, I just cant wait to get started on my first hull:woot:.

4. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby, and the site.
    You have picked a great combat ship in the Richelieu. They are very well ballanced fighting ships, and have plenty of room, and survivability.
    Mikey

5. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

G'day mate...welcome!
    You have some great guys over there to battle with and great sources for hulls. Michael Rause of Dreadnought Hulls is great and I have a couple of hulls from him. And don;t forget to join the Yahoo Big Gun forum for good advice from the builders like you will find here!
    Steve :D

6. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

HA! Michael is the guy im getting my hull from, and cheers for the support with my choice of battle ship, i chose the Richilieu becasue of the lines of the hull, it just looks good from every angle, and of course for all the guns:woot:.

7. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

Steve, i have joined the big gun forum as you suggested, but do you know anyone from that forum that can approve my membership or anyone that knows the group owner, im still waiting to join the group

8. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

still waiting:(

9. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Hi Burnzy, Gascan and I are asking "what's taking so long?" for your membership on the Big Gun yahoo group. Surprising it's taken so long, but we'll help get you on there.

10. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

cheers for the help Gascan and Kotori, much apprecaited:)

11. burnzy232

burnzy232 Member

all good now, just been approved for the group, apparently there were 5 other people that were also waiting,
    cheers again for the help

12. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

no problem