Motor and hardware kit for Evstafy, Potemkin

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Volkswagen50, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

I working on two hulls, an Evstafy and a Potemkin, in 1/96 for the battlestations ruleset. I contacted BC and talked to Rick who suggested I ask here if anyone else had built one before ordering a kit meant for another ship. He thought the USS Mississippi kit might work. This is the early one, BB23. They look similar is shape to me. I did wonder if it work with the larger hull in 1/96, if there is enough reserve built into the kit with the motors it comes with. Anyone know or hazard a guess if it would work?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

hahaha.... I think I'm the only person to battle an Evstafi... but it was in 1/144 (started a refit a few weeks ago, too). In 1/96 with the lower speed, I'd go with two 380 size motors, either brushed or brushless. One 550 would easily get the ship up to speed,but it would be in the center of the ship, where other things (like the aft turret) would like to be. I would go with 1.5" props.

3. Volkswagen50

Volkswagen50 Admiral (Supporter)

Thanks! Sounds like a plan. All I need to do is see is the shafts are long enough, and maake it fit. Twin 380s sound good to me.

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Really Effy is getting a refit! Coolness and fabulousity!