Moving sale: Ship plans -- PRICE DROP!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by dietzer, Aug 26, 2011.

1. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

OK, we're seriously down-sizing on this move, so I've got to get rid of some of my plans collection. :( I spent almost ten years building up my collection, and sought out some of the rare or more hard to get plans with detail. These include plans from Norman Ough, R. McCandliss, Musee de la Marine, Fritz Kohl, and others.
    Here's the deal: none of the prices given below include shipping. I accept a USPS money order (NO Western Union!) or PayPal+4%. Prices are negotiable, and I am open to trades.
    Rolled Plans for Sale (shipped in Mailing Tubes):
    3) French submarine Surcouf, 1/50 scale, NAVY PLAN, 2 sheets, great detail but hull stations are incorrect (correct hull stations can be downloaded from the French Naval Archives website), Like New condition. Sold for $100 new, will sell for $40

6) U505, Type IX U-boat, 1/40 scale, William Miller, 2 sheets, nice plans, like new. $20

17) DE-51 Hull Lines & Stations, 1/96 scale, Wiswessor Plan #132HL, 1 sheet, like new, $15

19) Conte Di Cavour, Wiswessor Plan #214, 1 sheet, good condition, $10
    20) KM Admiral Sheer, Wiswessor Plan#210X, 2 sheets, good condition, $20

22) SS-212 USS Gato, 1/192 scale, Wiswessor Plan#445X, 1 sheet, good condition, $15
    23) DD-692 USS Sumner, 1/192 scale, Wiswessor Plan#127X, 1 sheet, good condition, $10
    24) HM E29 Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition, $20
    25) HM L-52 Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition, $20
    26) HM Olympus Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition, $20
    27) L1-L9 Submarines, 1/96 scale, R.K. McCandliss, 2 sheets, good condition, $10
    28) HMS Eskimo (Tribal Class DD), 1/200 scale, author unknown (but look like Profile Morskie plans), 3 sheets, like new, $20
    29) German M1 Minesweeper, scaled up from 1/200 scale, Verlag Loef, 3 sheets, $25
    Folded Plans for Sale (shipped in padded envelopes):
    30) Italian submarine CARACCIOLO, 1/50 scale, ANB, excellent quality, like new, 4 sheets, $30
    31) Uboote U-556, Type VIIC, 1/100 scale, Webb Warships, rare blueprints, good detail, great condition, in original folder, 2 sheets, $30

34) Admiral Graf Spee, 1/200 scale, SMC, 1 sheet $15
    35) IJN DD Kagero, 1/150 scale, SMC, 1 sheet $15
    36) USS Alabama, 1/250 scale, SMC, 1 sheet, $15

41) HMS Kasmir, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 2 sheets (1st sheet has color faded along folds and slight tears on outside edges, but is still quite readable, 2nd sheet in very good condition), $20

45) KM Graf Spee, 1/200 scale, Great Plans, 2 sheets, like new, $12

Again, prices are negotiable, and I am open to trades.
    Thanks for looking!
    Carl

2. dietzer

RE: Moving sale: Ship plans Items 11, 12, 46, and 47 are spoken for.

Thanks,

Carl

3. dietzer

RE: Moving sale: Ship plans
    Decided to keep some of my DD plans and struck them from the list.

Carl

4. dietzer

Reduced prices in red.

Carl

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey carl,
    do you still have the plans for the Destroyer Akatsuki or did they get sold?
    Thanks,
    Nikki

6. dietzer

Sorry, Nikki. Those plans were part of the boxed sets of Japanese plans that sold a while ago.

Carl

7. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Carl,
    Do you have the plans for the US light cruisers Juneau and Atlanta??? The reason I'm asking is, I'm looking at doing them in the 96 sacle, but not til i get doria and My lST up and running!
    Nikki

8. dietzer

Nikki,

I do, but they are not for sale. I plan on building an Atlanta class in 1/96 myself, but not until next year.

Thanks,

Carl

9. dietzer

All sold and/or stricken items have been removed from the original post.

Thanks,

Carl

10. bfuller

bfuller New Member

Are there still some items available? if yes then I would be interested in the Canadian Flower Class Corvette. I am thinking about buying it for a while now but have not done it yet. I love everything regarding flowers and due to this I also need this one. I will now go and check the
    flowers and chocloate delivery from serenata
    and then come back and see if I have received an answer.
    Admin Note: bfuller was deleted for being a spammer and his link was scrubbed to remove spamminess.

11. dietzer

All the plans currently shown in the 1st post are still for sale.

12. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi Carl, I will take the Flower Class plans and the OI.
    PM me with the details and I will paypal you ASAP.
    I have been on the Sackville, the last surviving Flower and she is a beaut!
    I just moved from coast to coast, so I feel your pain. WE down sized from 2700 sq ft to 1500 sq ft.
    The things we have to sacrifice suck,
    J

13. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

How accurate are those Yamato plans if you dont mind me asking?

14. dietzer

J,

I've never been on the Sackville. Where is she located?

I left a 3300 sq ft house with a 3-car garage and am living in a 620 sq ft cottage with no garage. :( Yes, down-sizing sucks!

I sent you a PM.

Many thanks!

15. dietzer

Jon,

The Yamato plans appear to be some of BDE's better plan sets. I can't vouch for the accuracy -- I don't have any Muyikai plans of the Yamato or the Anatomy of the Ship book on the Yamato to compare them against.

I'm not a Yamato expert (I got these plans as part of a larger lot that I bought 2nd hand), but I think this plan set depicts Yamato in her late war configuration. The plans have hull lines and stations, as well as plan and profile views. It's been my experience that plans with hull lines and stations are usually more accurate BYMMV. There is also a plan view (above the waterline) for the port side of the ship, as well as bow and stern views. There are also some details of turrets, SS, etc. The hull stations have full stations for both aft and fore ribs, instead of one set of split aft/fore stations, so it will be much easier to build a wooden hull from these plans.

But unless you are building a museum quality hull, I think you'll be happy only paying $10+shipping for these plans.

16. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Very true statement lol

17. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi Carl, HMCS Sackville is in Halifax. There is a Trust for the ship. There are several retired sailors who sailed on her and they give tours. It was very interresting listening to them and seeing the way they lived. Those were small boats and they greatly resemble a cork when in the North Atlantic!! Much of the equipment still works and the plan is to get her out of the water and make her a museum, if they funding can be secured.
    I hope they can get it, the Flower Class is a very important part of Canadian Naval history.
    J

18. cap23co

cap23co New Member

Hi,Carl!

If it still possible, I am badly interested in purchasing the next items:
    24) HM E29 Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition,
    25) HM L-52 Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition,
    26) HM Olympus Submarine, 1/96 scale, Norman Ough, 1 sheet, great detail, good condition,
    30) Italian submarine CARACCIOLO, 1/50 scale, ANB, excellent quality, like new, 4 sheets.
    But because of long time of shipping parcels to Russia, I can offer You the next way of negotiations - can You make good scans of all that items and plase them Depositfiles ,for example. Than You give me Your price for them, I 'll pay by credit card and,finally,You send me an adress of the filekeeper. If such way suits You, please let me know about it . My adress cap23co@mail.ru

Thanks in advance : Oleg

19. tsolson55

tsolson55 Active Member

Oh no,
    Your not selling secret plans to the Russians. LOL

20. cap23co

cap23co New Member

Please,don't worry! I am a good Russian!Moreover, I can offer You secret plans in exchange! :)