Moving

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by slow_and_ugly, Jul 8, 2012.

1. slow_and_ugly

slow_and_ugly Active Member

Hi,
    I am moving to Edmonton in August.
    If someone wants a Konig hull and superstructure - no internals -- $75 -- come and get it.
    I also have my Tirpitz, which is complete, but didn't prove fast enough, so needs a little work. I also have it set for a quad stern, so you might want to change that too.
    If you're interested drop me a line.
    I also have an Aoba hull, which is untouched.

Robert

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that you are moving. Best of luck in Edmonton

3. JasonC

JasonC Active Member

hi rob i have a friend interested on one or both of the ships was woundering how much the pair would cost?

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hi Rob,
    Tried to call you, but, i must have the wrong number. I am interested in whatever you want to sell. PM me or let me know how to get in contact with you. I am free this weekend if you want me to come over and check everything out. You still at the same place?
    Craig

5. slow_and_ugly

Hi Craig
    We have moved. I am from Friday to Friday (13 - 20) back next friday PM.
    After that free for whenever you want to come over. We have moved. Give me a call 420-0367

6. Craig

Craig Active Member

Will Do. If you are out of town til the 20th I will call you then.

Talk to you soon.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you have moved but at the same time congrats on your move. Edmonton is a great city and has an excellent hobby store there. All the best in you new location and wishing you and your family well. It was a pleasure to have battled and work with you in the hobby Rob.

Curt.

8. slow_and_ugly

Hi,
    I've been telling people I am back on the 20th. wrong. I am not back until the 22nd

9. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Hi Rob,
    I'm sorry to hear you're moving away just as local R/C naval combat is reviving. What are you doing with your Renown mold? If you're selling it let me know - I'd like to make another hull as I sold the one I bought from you to Ian a few years ago. I want to build another light battlecruiser but don't want to cut out my Furious hull - I prefer to build Furious as a non-combat scale R/C model - and the Renown is only a tad longer with a very useful third turret.
    Bob

10. slow_and_ugly

Hi Bob,
    The mold didn't survive the second hull. It wasn't very strong, I had a lot of trouble with the gelcoat sticking and by the time I got it off the plug it was ruined. I managed to pull a couple of hulls out anyway but again - gelcoat trouble and bad FG work. John C has the second hull. It was cut out but the FG is not the best.

11. slow_and_ugly

Hi - I am back -- anyone who wants to come and see what I have
    1. Tirpitz - has superstructure, rudders, and 6 cannons. Needs some work, but mostly there
    2. Konig - hull and superstructure
    3. Indefatigable - hull cut out, props installed
    4. Aoba - hull, not cut. wooden deck made but not installed. wooden superstructure started but not complete.

12. Bob Pottle

And your Renown mold???

Bob

13. slow_and_ugly

Hi Bob,
    The Renown mold is gone. I am just not a FG jockey. There were so many problems with Gelcoat sticking that the mold was ruined after just two hulls - and neither hull was very good.
    John C has the second hull. I had it cut out, but it needs some work since there FG was very uneven,

14. Craig

Craig Active Member

Sent you a PM, hope you get it.

15. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

Noooooooooooo.!!! I guess I should've offered Ian more money for his hull. :(

16. Bob Pottle

Hi Rob,
    I'm sorry to hear the Renown mold is kaput. You captured the hull shape very well - I had to fill some bubbles and do some work on the edge but nothing major. I regret selling it to Ian and have no idea where it is now. Best wishes for your move.
    Bob