Multi-format events (Treaty)

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by froggyfrenchman, Nov 12, 2007.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All
    I feel like we have a good thing going with these multi-format events.
    Not only do I think that it is good for our club, but it also gives those around us in other clubs a chance to battle their boats more often, and hang out with fellow R/C combat folks.
    It also gives us the opportunity to pick up on some of the other technologies that the other clubs use.
    At least from a Treaty stand point, I plan to schedule pretty much all of the Treaty events as multi-format, with the possible exception of our Nats event, so that we can do our rules stuff.
    I will be contacting all of the other regional clubs, and trying to make sure that schedules do not conflict.
    This year we shared the waters with ships from the BBS, and some of the big-gun clubs.
    In 2008, I hope to include the L.E.A.G., the Battlestations group (96th scale version of big-gun), and I will also look into having an event with the MWC, and IRCWCC.
    I will keep you all posted.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

All
    If you have a battle site, then perhaps we can schedule a multi-format event with you.
    That way you can battle to your rules, and after you are finished with your sortie, then we can battle a sortie to our rules.
    Mikey

3. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

i will pas it on

4. EricMA

EricMA Member

Hey fred Have we decided wether or not we are going to do a multi-format event? I spoke to mikey about it and he said that it was still on the table. If we are going to do it we might want to start planning it.

5. Powder Monkey

Me and Liam are going out to dons house Tuesday we will discuss it than and if he feels it is due able we will run with it

How is the building going? [​IMG]

6. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Monk, that is the best little ship ever, hahaha.

7. froggyfrenchman

Just keep us posted.
    Thanks.
    Mikey

8. Powder Monkey

I will hopefully we can do this how many would you have coming down and how would you want to work it ?

9. froggyfrenchman

I wouldn't know how many will be coming until we know what weekend works out for you.
    If you can give us a weekend that will work, then we can start a list of who can attend.
    What we have done in the past at our multi-format events is this.

Whichever format is ready first, gets to battle first.
    After their sortie is done, the other format gets to battle a sortie.
    Each format finishes their two sortie battle, and then we do it all over again.

Doing it this way makes things even more enjoyable as the two formats will at times be competeing to be the first on the water.

Now as far as whether we want to make it a two or three day event is for the most part up to you all.
    Generally a three day event is best, as even though some will not be able to attend all three days, it does allow more battling for those that can.
    Treaty will have at least one 20lb CO2 station. Perhaps two.

The starting point would probably be to have your club pick a weekend to host the event, and then we will see how many can attend.
    We need to know how deep the battle site is, and how far to the hotels and such.
    Mikey

10. froggyfrenchman

We are hoping for a weekend in September, after Labor day.
    Thanks.
    Mikey

11. froggyfrenchman

Any word on the event taking place yet, and/or which weekend(s) work best?
    Mikey

12. Powder Monkey

Right now we are looking for a lake we can have it at I think we may have one but it is in the down town section in a community with a lot of tree huggers so we will need to slide it thru plan on getting to it soon been real busy with work And getting ready for NATS sorry for the delay but we are working on it [:)]

13. BoomerBoy17

I didnt know about this, i am very interested, hope to be able to attend

14. Powder Monkey

That’s because we don’t know abut it yet either [;)]

15. BoomerBoy17

yea, i figured that out. thanx monk

16. froggyfrenchman

Thanks for the up-date.
    Some of us will be needing to schedule time off work and such so keep us posted.
    Well done.
    Mikey

17. EricMA

EricMA Member

lets pick the weekend and then worry about the pond. I was figuring sometime in sept. any weekend. Monk do you want me to see if I can find a shallow pond down here on the cape? Oh and I picked up my boat hulls so I can start working on one of them. the kitchen became the workshop until I can pick up my work bench. Then the bedroom becomes the workshop. (The wife approved it)

18. Powder Monkey

Dud you have like the best wife if I wasnt married we could do the threes company thing [;)] [:D] mine dosent even want me walking thru the kitchen with that thing [:0]

Yes try to find a pond

19. BoomerBoy17

Wow, slow down monk, ha ha ha. Hey, I will be at the Cape all next week (North Truro with the family, my dad will be there).

20. BoomerBoy17

Oh, monk. there is another person in Connecticut who lives like 20-30 mins from my house, and i talked to him thru email, well have to see how that goes, but Connecticut may finnaly be able to take on massachusettes for the king-of-new-england title