My Kriegsmarine Part 1

Discussion in 'Western Warship Combat Club, Inc' started by Z Boat, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

The first boat is the Type IX D-2, U883 that I built in 2017 and I have only fought in one battle with one kill and almost sank the Alabama. It was a little slow and changing the batteries was not fun, so I decided to correct this and after 4 years I think it is ready. The boat as built had only two 1/4" tubes because it was built to battle other subs but no one else has theirs working so I up gunned it to 4 tubes. I used bigger props new motors and larger batt with an ESC and that caused the biggest delay of several years before I figured out that it was the ESC low voltage kicking in and not the batt dying, the boat ran on 4.8 volts, and I have about zero exp with ESC's. So now I am using a 6 volt with the new motors she runs great. The other issue I ran into was the rubber gasket and the glue breaking down and causing leaks. I never had this issue in the old days, and I remembered I used Vaseline and not grease, and I never had this issue. IMG_1764 - Copy.jpg IMG_1765 - Copy.jpg IMG_1766.jpg The second boat is Z-25 built in 1989 and I have only fought it 3 battles and we do not play on a pond that this boat could succeed on. It has 6 1/4" single shot torps and it is a lot of fun to play on a large pond and it is a great merchant killer. IMG_1767.jpg IMG_1769.jpg

The next is Lutzow, built in 1987 and still as the hallow super structure per the old rules. The boat has 6 7/32 rotating guns and I rebuilt it last year so I could fight it in the 20,000 ton and under class that we are going to start playing again so small boats don't always have to fight BB's. Also thank you to the people who post 3D files for us to use, it make the boats look better. IMG_1770.jpg IMG_1771.jpg

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Looks great!! Would love a tour of that sub & pkt btlship!

3. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Thank you, but this sub is no were near as advanced as yours and I will try to update the rebuild with more info. My next ship is Kreuzer P, I built two in 2017 and this is a very fun ship to fight. It has 6 7/32 rotating guns and 4 reloading torpedo guns 1/4" above the water line. All this boat is a super Pocket with two pumps and good speed. It can go toe to toe with a BB and come out better off. IMG_1755.jpg IMG_1756.jpg IMG_1757.jpg

The last of my German war ships is Scharnhorst. This is a very old ship that I did a major rebuild to the hull and this is the first and only boat with a 3D super and Turrets, not a fan of fixing battle damage on a 3D printed, wood is easier and cleaner. I have not fought this boat yet, but my son has, and he was very pleased. It has 9 7/32 rotating and 4 above water reloading tubes. Scharnhorst is one of my most favorite ships of all time and I need to fight it. IMG_1776.jpg IMG_1777.jpg IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1793.jpg

The reason I put this up is to show how much bling you can add to your models using a very inexpensive printer with little skill and if it gets shot off no Biggy, I made a ton so shot them off JOE and TY everyone for the files please keep them coming. Anchors, cranes, cats, capstans and more rafts PLZ. Thank you. Part 2 soon (6 more ships) yes, I have a problem.

4. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

They look great!

will def’n consider a scharny in the future!

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

hehehe I remember that submarine. What a show! My battleship still has a torpedo hole that needs patching.

View: https://youtu.be/PaW1SPXLBrg

And what a delightful pocket BB. Hopefully I'll get to see it in action this year.

Boatmeister, Z Boat and JustinScott like this.
  6. Z Boat

Z Boat Well-Known Member

Thank you for the video and Iam planning on attending that event..