Need help identifying 2 BC Circut Boards

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by McSpuds, Sep 17, 2013.

1. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

I need help with two older Battlers Connection Boards. The first one is a Automatic bilge pump switch, 1st generation. The second board we think is a firing circut maybe, not sure....

Anyway, what I nee to know is what hooks up to where on the two boards... Anybody with electronic savy know?

Auto pump switch back...
    [​IMG]

Click here for larger view
    Pump switch front...
    [​IMG]

Is this a firing circut? how does it wire up?
    [​IMG]

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

On the pump The big holes with no wires are your common, normaly open and normaly closed contact. Where power goes in and switch leg comes out. The small wires must be the singal from the RX. I'd guess red +, Black -, Blue signal. There is an A next too the blue wire, what would A mean???
    Not sure what the green wires are for. There is 1 & 2 there, not sure what it is. Could be coil power, but why have coil power when the RX power should run the coil.
    The other one looks like a gun switch. The wires on the left are RX + - signal. The ones on the right are power in and switchleg. Must be a two side board. hook it up the a RX and check open/close when activating on the red/black pairs. That is my guess.
    I hate it when people use red/black for power in and switch leg. Always use one color for - and one color for + and multi colors (Green, White, Yellow) for the switch legs. Makes trouble shooting so much easier. I see red/black going into this switch and want to apply + & - to short out the board.

3. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

There should be no Rx, that is a "Automatic" Pump Switch... if it is like my 3rd generation working in my Mutsu, it will connect two leads to contacts, and then run to the battery and the pump motor. I does not connect to a rx at all. That is a older one but darn if I can figure out the wiring...

4. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

I want to say + and - go to the power source, the "A" blue wire I think goes to a small contact that sits where the water level should be when the pump activates. My newer model uses a brass rod for this. One green should go to another contact that is placed on the hull bottom. What the 2nd green wire is for I dont know.

5. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

If you send Charley at BC a note he'll be able to help you (his contact info is at http://battlersconnection.com/html/contactus.html). I just contacted him, but for some reason he wasn't able to create an account here -- I need to troubleshoot what's up. He said he designed the boards by hand many years ago.

6. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

Yea, I got these from Charlie like 12 or 13 years ago at a battle in Florida.

7. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

The green wires on the auto-pump look to be for the contacts that sense if there is water or not to pump, well at least #1 is as that looks to be on the Base of the transistor. (assuming a normal NPN was used) Not sure if the other green is the other contact or an additional sensor since I can't see if it connects to both resistors or just the one, however I think it is the other contact as that makes sense based on how these sensing circuits work. Black appears to be ground, Red would be positive voltage. Blue might be for a manual switch in order to run the pump on the bench. If Blue is hooked to 0V the relay should turn on, if hooked to the same voltage that Red is hooked to or left disconnected it should be off, independent of the sensors.

8. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

I got a BC automatic pump switch still in the bag.
    From solder side
    top left = no conection
    center = Motor Neg
    Right = Battery Neg

Along bottom
    Left to right
    Blue -Aux input from R/C switch for manual activatio
    Red - Battery Pos
    Black - battery Neg
    Green 2 & 1 = Water sensors

One big drawback you can't let the board get wet without waterproofing it thoroughly.
    Hope that helps
    Barry