Need input on bylaws

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by Tugboat, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hi guys,
    While I'm out in the shop working, I'm thinking on Bylaws. Not very exciting, but necessary. How many officers do we need? We're not collecting dues, so a Treasurer is probably unnecessary at this point. I'm probably going to crib the rules-change procedure from MWC's bylaws and post it, then we can change it if we want to suit our needs. Also, are we going to involve ourselves with insurance, and if so, how?

Let me know what you think!

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Tugboat,

I think we need a President, Vice-President, Safety Officer, and Construction Officer. I believe the offices of Safety Officer and Construction Officer could be shared by the other officers, so the President could also serve as Safety Officer, etc.

Carl

3. Tugboat

I think combining offices is fine. Are we going to worry about insurance? (Someone other than Carl and I needs to comment so we get a more representative sample :)

4. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I would comment, but I have really no experience in how other groups handle this.
    I would guess that it is mandatory to protect the group from liability but don't know.

Would a simple waiver cover things until we have a dues base?

J.

5. Tugboat

I'm fine with a waiver. It's only like 5 or 6 of us right now :) In the future, we might do what some model warship groups do and have all members join NAMBA, which has liability insurance, and has wording in their rules that explicitly permits RC combat.

6. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

That seems workable as long as we are a small group. What is involved in getting insurance through NAMBA? Would the new Battlestations need to be sanctioned or some such?

j.

7. Tugboat

Not sure, I'd have to contact them. Right now, we're pretty tiny so it's not such an issue. Heck, I still haven't gotten really started on my own ship! Just cutting out really big paper frame shapes. Business demands and stuff :) But I'm working to get us all on the water :)

8. Mark

Mark Active Member

Sorry I haven't chimed in earlier, but been preoccupied with work and the baby, so here is what I think would work best: since most of are spread out over a large area, having a pres, safety officer and such might not work as well as one would think (for the entire Battlestations group). Instead set these offices up regionally, with a rep from each group that would get together with the others to discuss national battles and major issues. as for the insurance, as soon as my boat is fully operational, I will be looking into a NAMBA policy, maybe if a large enough group of us gets together we could get a group rate? Well thats my 2 cents, BTW, Tug any photo's of the turrets?

9. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I will ask the current WWCC secretary and the former secretary about NAMBA insurance tomorrow. I personally would not go without some sort of coverage.