Need Plans for the Italian Heavy Cruiser Pola

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Sharky, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Sharky

Sharky Member

Guy's,
    Looking for a good quality Plan Set for
    the Italian " Pola " Heavy Cruiser..

I have a OK set for the Zara but the Pola had
    a different Superstructure can anyone point me
    in the right direction??

Jeff

2. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I don't know of any plans but there are enough photos to figure out the different superstructure. Check out the Steel Navy website in California. There's probably a kit available for Pola.

Bob

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Jeff,
    I think there is a link on our Yahoo site for Jeff Poindexter. He was one of the original founders way back in the 80's. He has plans to scale for the Zara. Just have to change the shape of one of the ribs at the step deck. And a little s/s work.
    Thanks,

4. Gettysburg114th

Jeff,
    Contact Mikey or go to the Treaty Yahoo site and search for emails by Jeff Poindexter. There is a list of plans that he has available and a way to contact him.
    Thanks,

5. Gettysburg114th

Jeff,
    Were you able to find Jeff Poindexter's information on the Yahoo site?

6. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have much info on any of the Italian ships. I had no idea that the Pola had a different superstructure from the Zara.

7. Gettysburg114th

The forward s/s blended in to the stack.

8. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Jeff... who's looking out for you? I am! I was cruising the Russian interwebs (and my parents said those language classes were useless) and I found... good line drawings of Pola and Zara. They are now at:

http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/FileManager/ViewFile.aspx?id=2039

They are clean enough to blow up to 1/144 without bad artifact, but even with compression, the tif was 23MB, too big to upload. So you'll have to blow them up yourself, but I've done it and can say that it'll look good when you do it.

The plan view IS the Pola, not the Zara, even though there is a profile view of Zara also in the file. This sentence will make sense when you see the pic.

9. crzyhawk

Those are pretty awesome line drawings Tug. Does the site you went to have any other interesting line drawings out there?

10. Tugboat

Oh, yes it does. Many of them found their way to my hard drive. PArt of the problem with working nights is that on the days when you don't actually work, it's really hard to sleep, but you don't have much energy to do anything physical. So when I woke up at 3:30 this morning, I went looking for Pola :)

11. crzyhawk

I don't suppose they happen to have Tone/Chikuma...if you're bored of course!

12. Sharky

Sharky Member

You Sir are Amazing !!!

I need to see if i can get it size up :eek:)

Jeff

13. Gettysburg114th

Now that is NICE!!

14. Tugboat

Thanyew, thankyew...

Jeff, the easy way to size it up is to download a free program called 'The Gimp' and use the toolbar to go 'Image' -> 'Scaling', switch the units to percent, and scale it to the appropriate percentage (it was 400-something percent, sorry I don't remember). The program is at www.gimp.org and there is a version for Linux, Windows, and Apple. It'll also save the file as a .tif and the blueprint place is perfectly happy printing from those :)

I know 400-something percent sounds like a lot, but the plans are surprisingly clean. Let me know if you have trouble sizing them up. If I can't sleep again tonite (just finished a mid-afternoon nap), I'll try to get the size of the file down to something reasonable in 1:144.