New From Cincinnati Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SuperD, Sep 15, 2009.

1. SuperD

SuperD New Member

Hello, I am just discovering this hobbie and am desperate for more information. I really want to find some clubs or events happening near me so I can check it out in person. I'm already pretty excited from the stuff I've seen on the internet, but I need to see what is going on locally to get involved with. What clubs or groups are in Ohio, or near Cincinnati meaning Indiana or northern Kentucky? Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. Windrider0275

Windrider0275 Member

Welcome to the hobby! Check out the Model Warship Combat site for wwhat fast gun clubs are in your area.

Good luck.

Steve

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, SuperD! Windrider and I are both in california, but you'll find members on this forum from all around the world. To find the nearest club, I would suggest that you look in the RC Naval Combat Captain Finder:

http://rcnavalcombat.com/GettingStarted/Isthereaclubnearme/tabid/61/country/United%20States/region/Ohio/Default.aspx

it looks like there are a good number of battlers in the Ohio area. I'm sure they'd be glad to help you get started.

4. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Welcome.
    Is there a particular boat that you would like to build?

For local clubs, there is a club/member locator as part of this web site.
    Click on the member icon and you will be able to find members and clubs in your area.

5. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I seem to remember there being several battlers in Ohio, but I can't remember where. I think they were predominantly affiliated with IRCWCC. I think some big gun battlers were in that area too.

6. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

There's the Treaty Combat group that has battles around Dayton. I don't know if they have a website, but they do have a Yahoo group.

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

SuperD
    Welcome to the hobby, and this site.
    We are planning a build session / battle this coming weekend in the Cinci area. Probably on Saturday.
    Most of our battling is to Treaty rules, but we have folks that are also interested in pretty much all of the various formats,
    (big-gun, 96th scale battlestations, fast-gun).
    I will try to post an up-date on here in the morning, after talking with the Cinci locals this evening.
    Try to drop in if you get a chance. If you can't make it for the meeting, then we will try to come to you.
    Mikey

8. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hello and welcome. I am a member of the Buckeye Battle Squadron we have members all over ohio. We are haveing a build session at my place in newark this coming weekend! We are working on ships for our big Oct battle, you are more then welcome to check us out! We are a fast gun club.
    Buddy