New Guy from Ga

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Desert Fox, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Hi all I’m just getting started. my old neighbor got me intersected and I bought a fiberglass hull (scharnhorst), but have no clue how to start...any point in any direction would help

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Where are you in Georgia?

3. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Well I was in Statesboro (its near Savannah) when I first got introduced to all of this, but now I’m in Saint Simons.

4. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

Holy cow! He might have lived within miles of you Tuggy!

5. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

btw intersected was ment to be interested

6. Tugboat

Darn you for leaving Statesboring!! Brian Koehler and I live here. We will be having a build session on the 20th of December (a Saturday, one of the few that I will not be working) where we will be working on several ships, eating, and if Pete Dmitri from Savannah shows up we'll have movies (Victory at Sea or any WW2 navy flick).

My house is more or less right across highway 80 from Lowe's. If you can make it, we can get quite a bit going in terms of construction and inspiration :)

Actually, I think he WAS my next-door neighbor over in the Woodlands (apartments for those of you not familiar with Statesboring)... If so, definately within a couple of miles of me ;)

7. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Yeah! clark this is crazy... i'm coming back to see my girl friend this weekend...maybe we can meet up or i will come up on the 20th. How is everything going?

8. Tugboat

I wish, I'm working 7AM to 7PM today thru Sunday (my usual hours for the next 9 or 10 months). I'm off on the 20th though, if you can make it. We (Kim and I) bought a house that has a heated shop that I put tables and lots of tools in. Bring your Scharnie and we'll get some stuff done that requires more than hand tools. I'll talk to Brian and see if we can get some guns put together ahead of time as well. Either way, we'll get you hooked up.

9. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Very nice to see more and more folks from Georgia getting into the hobby. I am sure Clark and Brain and even Pete will help you out a bunch. They all seem to be a great set of guys the few times I have meet them in person (Not actually met Clark yet). Attimes I wish we were a little more active up here in the Atlanta Region.

10. Tugboat

Yeah, I wish we all were more active :) I like everyone, but I like having Lou and Tim around to shoot at me.

David, what did you get with your hull? I've forgotten by this point :)