New Guy in Maryland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sailman58, Dec 2, 2008.

1. sailman58

sailman58 Member

I don't know why it took me so long to get started in this. I have been involved with RC model sailboats for several years. During that time I completed one sailboat and have two more under construction.

Now it is time to start a warship, since we can't sail all the time. Somewhere in this forum there is a scratch build thread that is runs for pages and pages, filled with pictures. It is good enough that it kept me up well past my usual bed time several evenings ago. Unfortunately, I neglected to bookmark the page. Can somebody give me the reference?

Thanks,

Ron

2. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

You might be talking about the Bearn CV build thread located at Visit this site. :)

You are in a good place in Maryland. There are many warship captains in that area. The IRC is the main club in those parts. If you plan on battling, look them up for advice, help, building sessions, and a set of rules to build your new ship with.

Welcome!

3. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

welcome aboard Ron, The IRCWCC has a few battles every year in Hagerstown, MD Check it out when it comes around. They also have build nights every week. Great people and a good time.

4. sailman58

sailman58 Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mike M, that was exactly the thread I remembered. Not only was the boat a work of art, the thread was also.

I have run into Marty H several times over the last five years or so. He was the one who introduced me to Spektrum transmitters. I knew he did RC sailboats, but only recently did I realize that he not only did RC warships, but was one of the early ones!

Ron

5. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

That's who hosts the build nights. We call him "The Legend" [:)]

6. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Ron, welcome to the forums! Don't be afraid to ask questions :)

7. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Welcome Aboard, looks like you have a good idea here. I wish there were more people in my area. There is only 1 more person in my state.

8. warspiteIRC

warspiteIRC RIP

The workshop has been closed for several weeks due to commitments by the personel who man it. But... We hope to re-open on Dec. 19(at 7pm). For directions to the shop contact me directly!

Marty Hayes

9. sms_navy

sms_navy New Member

Ron,

Welcome to the hobby.

I have some info posted you may find useful at:

http://www.sms-navy.com/rccombat/index.htm

I'm in Maryland as well, about 25 minutes south of Annapolis. I generally go up to Marty's on Fridays as well. I don't log into these forums often but you can always drop me a line and let me know if you have questions.

R,
    Tom Tanner
    Lothian, Maryland, USA
    mailto:constellation@juno.com

http://BB_Ops.tripod.com/ and http://www.sms-navy.com/