New Guy in SoCal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sabreur, Apr 10, 2011.

1. sabreur

sabreur New Member

I was talking to a friend of mine who just attended the local SCRAP event where he put his ship in the water for the first time. Listening to him describe his experience got me interested and I started poking around on the internet and wound up here. I used to build a lot of plastic model kits when I was a kid, and these days I build and help my students build competition robots, so this hobby definitely sounds like something I would like to do. I am looking forward to getting more involved and starting in on building my first ship.

2. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor

Welcome, glad to have you aboard on the forum Sabreur! Where in Southern California are you?

3. sabreur

sabreur New Member

I live in Montebello. That's at the southern end of the San Gabriel Valley, just east of Downtown L.A.

4. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i live in alhambra right next store to you i am in SCRAP
    who is your friend maybe you can come by and see some ships

5. sabreur

sabreur New Member

My friend is David Dandridge, and I believe he is also a member of SCRAPS. His ship is, I believe, the SMS Helgoland. The last event down at Prado was the first time he put it in the water after building it for the past year, so we was very excited to talk about what happened when I saw him yesterday. I am glad he did, as he got me interested.
    Alhambra is very close to me! I would love to see some ships and get some advice.

6. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

I P.M. you my phone #

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby, and the site.
    Mikey

8. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Welcome, and enjoy.

9. sabreur

sabreur New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I can't wait to get out there on the water with everyone. I have made contact with members of my local club, so hopefully I can get up and running soon with their help.

10. Joe

Joe New Member

Welcome to the glorious obsession!