New guy in Tulsa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cypher, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Cypher

Cypher New Member

One of my friend here convinced me that this was just the kind of chalange i needed. That being said, I will be asking lots of stupid questions, as i insist on doing everything the hard way...or my way....but those normaly go hand in hand so.....yeah.:blush: If you find me asking really stupid questions, just yell at me to do it the right way....I will fight you, do it my way, mess it up and then come back and find out the right way.

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the hobby, and this site.
    I am not sure who would be the closest group to you.
    But I am sure that they will find you on here, and speak up.
    Are you interested in any particular boat, or nationality at this point?
    Best thing to do early on is to hook up with the folks in your area, so that you can see some boats,
    and how the internals are set up.
    Happy hunting.
    Mikey

3. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Hey welcome! There was another fella who just introduced himself from OK this week. I sent him some contact information for local(ish) battlers. If he doesn't want to share, I'll send them to you as well.

4. Cypher

Cypher New Member

Yeah i have 2 ships picked out, The Lutzow and the Des Moines. Also i have been trying to contact people in my area, but most of them that are listed closeby are inactive. I do have one other friend that In getting back into it. He was active about 8 to 10 years ago, and is starting back up with me.

5. Ubermelon

Ubermelon Member

Well nice to have you in this hobby. I am also one of the people that fight others to try to be right but yeah welcome to the hobby! :)

6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You'd be supprised how a new guy with some energy can get the old guys fired back up about the hobby. I've seen it several times. Pat Clarke is in OK, he's still got ships and two kids, they're kid kids anymore, that battle. You could bring them back pretty easy.
    You also have groups in Arkansas, Mo & TX that are not that far away.
    There is a regional battle in Houston Labor Day Weekend. If you can find time, let people know and someone should be able to find a spare ship for you to battle with.

7. Calidus

Calidus Member

Hey, I am actually from Tulsa.... but now live in Ca, but I have a few friends that would be interested in it, if a group was to get started there.

8. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

What part of CA? There is a fast gun group in the LA area and a big gun group in the SF area.

Mike Butts
    MN2 USN

9. Calidus

Calidus Member

Im in orange county...... in the process of building my first ship and battling with SCRAP.

10. buttsakauf

buttsakauf Well-Known Member

good times!