New in San Jose, CA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Elis Roza, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Elis Roza

Elis Roza New Member

I'm josh and new to the group and honestly, i joined for my son (Elis) who is 10 and wants to sink ships.... so I'm here to support him in his pursuit to learn robotics, engineering, pneumatics. I told him we need to find a group and begin to meet like minded people. I saw there are some groups in Watsonville and San jose. I checked the sites, but they haven't been updated since 21' and nothing on the calendar since 19'/20. Is there still a functioning community in the bay area?

notSoGnarly likes this.
  2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Hi there. I am on the east coast so I'm not amazingly familiar with what's going on on the west coast and the specifics of the geography. I know that we have an active group of captains in the Northwest (@Kotori87 @tgalx3 ) and I know that there are captains who are active towards the mid/south west coast? (@Litch42f I believe is a SCRAP member?)

Hopefully some of those guys can get you pointed in the right direction.

tgalx3 and Elis Roza like this.
  3. BigGunJeff

BigGunJeff Well-Known Member

Hi Josh and Elis!

I'm part of the Western Warship Combat Club, the group that battles down in Watsonville. We hold monthly events, but things get a little quiet over the winter.

We will have a build event at my house in the coming weeks, and I hope you'll stop by. I'll be sure to forward the details to you. We have a lot of ships to run, and are always looking for new captains. This activity is definitely a positive in developing STEM skills and getting kids interested in allying them.

4. Elis Roza

Elis Roza New Member

Awesome BigGun! Let me know in a private message and Baseball aside, I hope its a weekend we can make! He keeps asking me questions and I know nothing about this other than I kew a guy when I was a kid in the 90's named Dougie and big Dougie had ships that fired Ball Bearings and they would battle them... So My son grabbed on to that and here we are.

5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

We don't have large numbers, yet. However, we are quite active. We always have something going every month. If you make it up to Washington state come and battle with us.

A couple of use are planning on going down to Cali to battle with SCRAP in May and August.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  6. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Hi there, I'm up in Reno. I try to make it down to LA to battle with SCRAP every often as well.

7. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Hopefully we will catch you at a battle.