new kid on the block finding about a new toy i saw on video

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cobra, Nov 17, 2014.

1. cobra

cobra New Member

my name is robert and i saw a article on you tube and then found your website and am curious cause i am into rc monster truck racing and wanted to find out more about this sport and i am in northern illinois anbody have time to explain how this works i saw a newsletter from a place that called themselves skunkworks are they still around ?:)

2. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Ahoy Cobra,

Welcome to the Magnificent Obsession! If you want to learn about the hobby then you've come to the right place. Take a look around the forum, but pay particular attention as you browse the Ship Comparison and Warship Builds forums. There you will find discussions about what ships people built and why, along with the actual builds, from birth to battle. Your experience with RC monster truck racing will be helpful. You already understand how RC works, and you know how to tinker. While a warship build is more involved than a truck kit, you will find that some of the same skills apply.

good luck!

3. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Skunkworks was folded into Strike Models (www.strikemodels.com). They are one of two "full line" stores for the hobby. The other is Battlers Connection (www.battlersconnection.com)
    There are also a few other places to get hull kits, etc. But for starters, I'd suggest looking over the two stores listed. Good luck & see you on the water!