New Member from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RedHawk, Apr 20, 2009.

1. RedHawk

RedHawk New Member

I am from the metro detroit area and was wondering if there are any groups in the area. i have never been to an event before but i found some videos on youtube and was fascinated by the concept. i have numerous family members who were in the navy and naval combat has always been a topic of study for me. I am also at school in Ohio. If there is anyone in the Cincy area or Hamilton, ect...I go to Miami Univ.

--thanks,

Adam

2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Welcome aboard. I think we've got some guys from the Ohio area here.

3. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of guys in MI check out
    http://www.glas-info.net/index.html
    They have the 2009 schedule of battles posted.

4. Gardengnome

Gardengnome Member

Yup! We just did our pond maintenance this weekend. The pond is in East Lansing, MI. I live in Royal Oak, MI and Mark Roe (one of the contacts on the site) lives just a couple miles from me. GLAS is a MWC format group. As for Ohio there seems according to this site one in Cincinnati and one in hamilton. Go to "Getting Started" and go to "Is there a Club Near Me" that will show some people that are near you. What format the people in that area are is beyond my knowledge. I am new to the hobby as well.

5. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.
    Southwestern Ohio is a great place to be for R/C combat folks.
    We are mainly Treaty. And some of the captains are also involved in big-gun, and/or Battlestations (96th scale).
    We have a battle-site in Xenia, Ohio where we will be holding a battle over Memorial Day weekend. We also have a new battle-site near King's Island. We plan to have a battle there in the next two-three weeks.
    E-mail me directly at MDeskin@aol.com, and I will put you in contact with the guys down near Cinci.
    I am in the Dayton area.
    What are your weekends looking like? We build pretty much every weekend.
    Mikey

6. Buddy

Buddy Active Member

Hello and welcome aboard! I am with the Buckeye Battle Squadron in Newrak Ohio. We have a battle May 1 , 2, 3 coming up. We are a small gun group .
    Buddy

7. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

You may also want to check on the Mid West Battle group. I believe that they cover Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.